West Palm Beach in July...Need Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's good to know. Are there any dive ops you would recommend?

All of the other dive charters mentioned are very professional. Try to stay away from Disappointing Dan's Dive Charters if anyone points you in that direction. They can't get their act together and it shows. I've never seen a more unprofessional dive crew that can ruin a good day on the water.

We always carry an SMB. Haven't ever used it yet, but we plan on taking a couple of trip to the quarry before our trip so we can practice our safety stop with them.

I love trying new food and prefer to try local fare where ever we travel!

For good food:

Tiki Bar at Riviera Beach Marina; great waterfront atmosphere and good fish dishes

Longboat Johnny's across the bay on Singer Island, wonderful mahi with rum and bananas, and absolutely the best chocolate and carrot cakes you have ever tasted (homemade)

Brass Ring Pub for the best burger in town: A basic bar with really good quality meat and frequented by divers. Just north from Abernethy, they can point you there.

And, for in my view the best seafood restaurant in Florida, the Food Shack in Jupiter. This is in a shopping mall at Indiantown Road and U.S. 1. Never had more creative and delicious fish cooking anywhere, and that is going some! it is a 20 minute drive and worth every second. Huge portions and reasonable prices, on top of everything else. Make sure and ask what their "secret" ice cream is for the day. They make it there and we have had nutella one day (die for) and jalapeno that were both out of this world (yes, jalapeno!).

[

For good food:

Tiki Bar at Riviera Beach Marina; great waterfront atmosphere and good fish dishes

Longboat Johnny's across the bay on Singer Island, wonderful mahi with rum and bananas, and absolutely the best chocolate and carrot cakes you have ever tasted (homemade)

Brass Ring Pub for the best burger in town: A basic bar with really good quality meat and frequented by divers. Just north from Abernethy, they can point you there.

And, for in my view the best seafood restaurant in Florida, the Food Shack in Jupiter. This is in a shopping mall at Indiantown Road and U.S. 1. Never had more creative and delicious fish cooking anywhere, and that is going some! it is a 20 minute drive and worth every second. Huge portions and reasonable prices, on top of everything else. Make sure and ask what their "secret" ice cream is for the day. They make it there and we have had nutella one day (die for) and jalapeno that were both out of this world (yes, jalapeno!).

Awesome! Can't wait to try these places.

All of the other dive charters mentioned are very professional. Try to stay away from Disappointing Dan's Dive Charters if anyone points you in that direction. They can't get their act together and it shows. I've never seen a more unprofessional dive crew that can ruin a good day on the water.

Thanks. Not going with them; booked charters with JASA, Jupiter Dive Center, and Underwater Explorers.

I like all the places Guy suggested for dinner. Another I'd add to the list is Guanabanas in Jupiter (not too far from Jupiter Dive Center). The atmosphere on the water is very enjoyable and the food is pretty good (on par with the Tiki but not nearly as good as Food Shack). I like the fish tacos and burritos. A second I'd add to the list for dinner is Leftovers, its on Military Trail north of Donald Ross. Its somewhat similar to the Food Shack, but I like the fish choices a bit better and its a tad less noisy. A fun place for lunch is Dune Dog (just south of JDC on Alt A1A): dogs are good, dolphin sandwich is good, waffle fries are good and beer is reasonably priced, atmosphere is fun. I stop by for lunch often after a saturday AM dive trip.

Just thought of another good place to grab dinner (since my wife and I ate there last night!): The Dive Bar is located on US 1 just south of Indiantown Rd, not far from JDC. in fact JDC's affiliate dive shop, Riverwalk Dive Center shares space with the Dive Bar. Anyway: the blackened Mahi sandwich with blue cheese is the best, but they are better know for their sushi. I like sitting outside and watching the marina: inside you'll find a massive fish tank in the center of the bar and TV's playing scuba and sports related shows on the periphery of the bar..

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom