Wet Activation On

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Still no dive so far with my new Atom 2.0. I just tried it last weekend in a swimming pool.
Despite Wet activation being on, my Atom did not enter Norm mode (or gauge or free diving).
Depth was 1.8m (6 feet). Wet appeared on display.

Automatic activation should occur around 4 to 5 feet .
As I cannot go deeper in that swimming pool, I still don't know if wet activation does work?

What is the accuracy in term of depth for this wet activation? Should I suspect anything wrong if wet activation doesn't work at 6 feet?:confused:

Sorry for this stupid question. I'm just impatient to go diving. So I'm experimenting in my small swimming pool.

For wet activation to occur, the dive computer must be in "Dive" mode. Whether that's "gauge, norm, or free" depends on the mode that you have it set in.

To put it in "dive" mode, hold the upper left button down for 3 seconds and the Atom will switch to dive mode from the watch mode. Once the Atom 2 is in this mode, the wet activation will work (as long as you have the wet activation set to "on".)

Hope this helps.

For wet activation to occur, the dive computer must be in "Dive" mode. Whether that's "gauge, norm, or free" depends on the mode that you have it set in.

Sorry...thats incorrect...

Wet activation is there so it will enter dive mode automatically when you go descend. The watch can be in standard 'watch' mode and when hitting the water it will say 'WET' and then when you descend (I find 3meters does it) it will automatically enter your preselected dive mode be it NORM, GAUGE or FREE.

Then at the end of the dive it will stay in dive mode for a further 10mins and then beep (if audible alarms are on) and flick back to standard time mode.

Sorry...thats incorrect...

Wet activation is there so it will enter dive mode automatically when you go descend. The watch can be in standard 'watch' mode and when hitting the water it will say 'WET' and then when you descend (I find 3meters does it) it will automatically enter your preselected dive mode be it NORM, GAUGE or FREE.

Then at the end of the dive it will stay in dive mode for a further 10mins and then beep (if audible alarms are on) and flick back to standard time mode.

Ahh, my apologies. I always "assumed" it had to already be in dive mode.

thank you for the correction! Sorry to the OP for my misinformation.

My question was just related to the depth the wet activiation does work. Did you pay attention to that? Should I expect activitaon from 1,5m onward, or 2,5m or 3m?

Any feed back on that ?

While I have an Epic, it is the same watch. Mine kicks on at about 6 -8 ft. No worries your will do the same, good computers.

Wet activation merely turns the computer ON if you haven't done that already. It has nothing to do with the unit entering Dive Mode as that is a function of depth. Once wet, you can't set PO2, so we usually turn it on BEFORE we hit the water to set just that!

My question was just related to the depth the wet activiation does work. Did you pay attention to that? Should I expect activitaon from 1,5m onward, or 2,5m or 3m?

Any feed back on that ?

Chill Eric.....:D

As I stated in my post, I find mine kicks in to dive (NORM) at 3meters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom