Wet suit and BC recomendations...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am tall and have a Diva and a Ladyhawke...My first choice is the Ladyhawke although both are great. I gave my Diva to my newly certified teenage daughter.

Just saw Moxie's fave company's display at Scuba Expo this weekend! Very impressive. They have the grade of neoprene that does not compress easily or degrade. 5mm is thicker than other 5mm because they measure only the rubber itself, not the cloth on either side! They had a pressure chamber to dmeo how the various types of neoprene compress & never bounce back. Theirs held up very well. You get to choose colors & style & even come up with a cute custom design (tux, superhero, etc.) My husband is getting one soon!

I have a Zena BC and love it. I am close to your size and it is also a good fit if you are long-waisted.

Wetsuits...keep trying them on, you will find one you like.

Good luck!:)

This thread was helpful,

I too have been searching for a BCD and wetsuit and I finally got to try a diva on the other day (and you're all right it's damn comfortable and fit me like a glove).

I was interested in the LadyHawke alternative since I don't have huge boobs :embarr: and found the bra bit to be a bit girlie but I have since discovered that you can't get the Scubapro Ladyhawk in the UK.

I was gonna buy a Diva anyway - will I regret it??? Will it hold value enough to sell it later if I change my mind?

Kind regards
Becky

The resale value of the Diva depends upon your LDS's policy in part, how well you maintain it, & the demand for your size. Women of all sizes are coming into the sport every year & I know lots of girls who are steered toward the diva first. Unless it does not fit them (usually because the BC is too small; I don't think it is made big enough to accomodate all of us), they generally go with it as a first BC & have good luck. It has a good reputation.

As for your LDS & their used equipment policy, you may be able to get trade-in value in a year of 2 toward something that you later get interested in. If they are not interested but you have routinely kept it clean & out of the sun, an ad in the local dive paper or Pennysaver should get you the equivalent of about $100-$150.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom