Wet suits and dry suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In all seriousness regarding wetsuit peeing... put a hose down one leg and out the bottom (NOT in your boot....). This speeds up the "flow", especially if you are on land (being in water of course slows it down, but still worth it). The hose is 1/2"--not too soft or too rigid. Carry a 2 liter bottle of water to wash off leg after taking suit off. Then of course use baby shampoo on suit when rinsing. Shower that night. Watch TV.

In all seriousness regarding wetsuit peeing... put a hose down one leg and out the bottom (NOT in your boot....). This speeds up the "flow", especially if you are on land (being in water of course slows it down, but still worth it). The hose is 1/2"--not too soft or too rigid. Carry a 2 liter bottle of water to wash off leg after taking suit off. Then of course use baby shampoo on suit when rinsing. Shower that night. Watch TV.

Too complicated.

The way to neutralize pee on the inside of your wetsuit is to pee on the outside of your wetsuit. It's like matter + antimatter, but not.

Before and after:

51VPq7Ep%2BwL.jpg

Looks great.

I'm inclined.
You're ineclined.
We're all inclined
to urinecline........

Marie - glad you enjoyed it.

Wetsuit diving is easier in a lot of situations but dry definitely helps in colder waters. I think a lot depends on surface conditions - I have been in the same water temperatures and felt cold on one dive and warm on the next.

I guess I must be unusual in that I don't pee in mine (wetsuit that is!).

Glad you had a good time with it Marie. Welcome to the wetsuit side! I was out this weekend too and a little cold on my deep dives, but really glad I could flush my suit on the shallow ones.

Marie - glad you enjoyed it.

Wetsuit diving is easier in a lot of situations but dry definitely helps in colder waters. I think a lot depends on surface conditions - I have been in the same water temperatures and felt cold on one dive and warm on the next.

I guess I must be unusual in that I don't pee in mine (wetsuit that is!).

I can't bring myself to pee in mine either. Definitely some times I've wanted to, but just can't do it. Too many years of making it a point to not pee on myself!

I bought a drysuit within a year of OW certification. I wanted to dive in cold quarry waters year round, and it certainly served its purpose. Over time, as I ventured into tec training and technical diving, I found that I was diving dry 90%+ of the time. My general practice - if the water temp was below 73 degrees, I went dry. The only wet diving I did was teaching OW, or so it seemed. One vivid drysuit diving memory - diving the Oriskany (bottom temp of 64 degrees), over the 4th of July weekend, 2 years in a row. And, sweltering on the surface as I suited up, pouring sweat into my 'dry' suit.

Several years ago, I got a 5mm wetsuit, and started using it for dives in ~66-73 degree water, where i had previously gone dry. I was reminded of just how easy wetsuit diving is. :)

Good for you, in getting your 5mm suit. Enjoy diving it, AND your drysuit.

"Yes, you read that correctly. Picked up my new Bare Evoke 5mm Friday night and put 4 dives on it this weekend. I wanted to yell "Freedom" like Mel Gibson in Braveheart. Holy crap. So much easier than drysuit, even though I still love my drysuit. Less gear to schlep. Quicker to get into/out of. Easier to get my fins on/off. Less lead! I only needed 10 lbs on top of BP/weighted STA. Buoyancy was an eye opener! Easier!"

Here we go again ....my SCUBA board buddy Marie13 purchased a new toy! I suspect that Californians Dr. Bradner and Mr. Bascom are smiling down at you ! ( and All of us ....)

Marie!3, Always remember a wet suit must be close to the ole body in order to keep you warm, there fore your first wet suit will be tight, the second one you acquire should be even tighter and the third one (If you remain in diving that long) will be exceptionally tight.

SAM

I'm doing 4 dives on Lake Michigan next Sunday (deep specialty in the morning, fun dives in the afternoon). I'm diving wet.
I'm going to predict that and the end of that fourth dive (if not before), you'll be missing your drysuit.

I love diving wet, but if I know I'll be doing multiple dives, I'll bring the drysuit.

Who knew that talking about urine would actually be the High Point of this thread. Hehe

Marie glad it's warming up for you. I'll bet Lake Michigan in the summer is awesome. When I was there it was so beautiful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom