Wet suits and dry suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's a wet suit? What's a dry suit? :D :D :D When you're built like a manatee as I am, you get to dive like one.

The title made me wonder how you knew so much about Scuba diving without getting wet. A HBOT chamber attendant perhaps?

I guess it is a commercial diving thing...
Dry dive = inside a chamber without a lockout
Drysuit = wet inside, first from sweat and then from salt water because we tend to punch them full of holes :)

I hear ya about those hot Air temperatures. I'll be off to NY area for my usual 7 summer weeks soon and bring only my shorty. With temps. at times in the 90s I've dived in as cold as 56F (in Mass.) and didn't take long to warm up between dives. I am surprised at you saying the wetsuit was so much easier than dry. When I assisted courses I always noticed the students and myself struggling getting in & out of the wetsuits (well, 7 mil farmer johns), while the instructors hopped out of their drysuits and put on a jacket over their already DRY (for the most part) bodies (instead of huddling in cars getting changed without breaking any indecency laws).

Why do you think they call them wet?

Back
Top Bottom