Wetnotes, what should I look for?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've always used the DR wetnotes, they're plenty good enough... If you can't figure out wetnotes, perhaps you shouldn't be worried about deco.

There's not much to them, you really have to abuse them to have covers rip off??? I usually keep an extra pencil, but whatever.

If you can't figure out wetnotes, perhaps you shouldn't be worried about deco.

Figure them out? You mean, figure out how to write on paper? I was just asking about quality. Thanks for the info about the DR one; many here dont like them. Regardless, I will receive extensive training on them before deco training, I am sure. :D

I've always used the DR wetnotes, they're plenty good enough... If you can't figure out wetnotes, perhaps you shouldn't be worried about deco.

There's not much to them, you really have to abuse them to have covers rip off??? I usually keep an extra pencil, but whatever.

Other than back plates I would have no use for DR...

Ever drop one of those plastic encased lead thingies and not been able to push the next plastic encased lead thingy forward far enough to write with?

Nope. But I don't wear gloves, either. I imagine it would be an issue if I did and needed to change it underwater. I usually break the lead when stowing the thing and not while diving. I used to carry a pencil sharpener in my odds and ends pouch for wooden pencils, but it got all rusty and wouldn't sharpen pencils any longer. I'm open to other kinds of pencils, but so far, this one has worked well.

I have thought about getting one of these to put the sheet with my deco plan on so I'm not digging in my pocket, but I'm not sure I want anything else strapped on my arm.

OxyCheqFPocket.jpg

Figure them out? You mean, figure out how to write on paper? I was just asking about quality. Thanks for the info about the DR one; many here dont like them. Regardless, I will receive extensive training on them before deco training, I am sure. :D

Thats my point, its a simple item, it doesn't need to be fancy and you don't need to spend a fortune on something so simple. If you screw up wetnotes, you probably have no business in the water, or crossing the street for that matter...

Other than back plates I would have no use for DR...

OK?

Nope. But I don't wear gloves, either. I imagine it would be an issue if I did and needed to change it underwater. I usually break the lead when stowing the thing and not while diving. I used to carry a pencil sharpener in my odds and ends pouch for wooden pencils, but it got all rusty and wouldn't sharpen pencils any longer. I'm open to other kinds of pencils, but so far, this one has worked well.

I gave up on regular pencils. The wood always splits open.

I guess that snarky reply was for me.

Unless Dive Rite have improved the design from what it was 6 or 7 years ago when I owned one, the cover simply floats off in the water, no abuse or ripping needed. They were not good enough for me, and it has nothing to do with my ability to figure them out nor to calculate a deco schedule. :mooner:

I gave up on regular pencils. The wood always splits open.
Yeah. That or they become detached and float away....

I guess that snarky reply was for me.

Unless Dive Rite have improved the design from what it was 6 or 7 years ago when I owned one, the cover simply floats off in the water, no abuse or ripping needed. They were not good enough for me, and it has nothing to do with my ability to figure them out nor to calculate a deco schedule. :mooner:

Its got a plastic cover with the wetnotes sleeved off into the sides of the cover and binding for the paper contents. No idea what they looked like 7 years ago, but there's nothing to float away without abuse at this point.

Back
Top Bottom