Wetsuit for Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nothing wrong at all with a drysuit and light undies.

Anything around an hour or less I choose my 4/3 fullsuit, if I know I will be going longer than 75 minutes I break out my Fusion. It works just fine using my ghetto undies for anything up to 2 hours, after which I may have to get "real" undies, probably in the 200g range.

Peace,
Greg

Anybody have comments on using a drysuit with light undergarments?

I dive a 30/30 with Fourth Element Xerotherm undergarments year-round here in Hawaii. I get a few raised eyebrows, but for the diving I do it's a much better choice than replacing a 7mm wetsuit every year.

I dive a 30/30 with Fourth Element Xerotherm undergarments year-round here in Hawaii. I get a few raised eyebrows, but for the diving I do it's a much better choice than replacing a 7mm wetsuit every year.

Do you find the DUI 30/30 just as practical as a 7mm wetsuit in terms of mobility and drag? Do you have any issues with you are on the surface and the air is warm?

Do you find the DUI 30/30 just as practical as a 7mm wetsuit in terms of mobility and drag? Do you have any issues with you are on the surface and the air is warm?

Actually I find the mobility in the 30/30 better than my 7mm wetsuit (older Waterproof).

The drysuit has more drag, though given my usual gear configuration (CCR with at least one stage) it's hard to notice the difference.

The 30/30 seems to "breathe" a bit, so it's less stifling on the surface than my TLS-350 is. That said, some of the shore entries we have here are a bit of a hike and I am often very glad to get into the water.

My 30/30 doesn't have ankle seals; I had DUI replace them with Cordura socks. I wear Chuck Ts.

Actually I find the mobility in the 30/30 better than my 7mm wetsuit (older Waterproof).

The drysuit has more drag, though given my usual gear configuration (CCR with at least one stage) it's hard to notice the difference.

The 30/30 seems to "breathe" a bit, so it's less stifling on the surface than my TLS-350 is. That said, some of the shore entries we have here are a bit of a hike and I am often very glad to get into the water.

My 30/30 doesn't have ankle seals; I had DUI replace them with Cordura socks. I wear Chuck Ts.

With your confirmation, I am getting rid of my 7 and 3 mm suits and replacing them with the 30/30 when I have the chance to get back home later this year.

Back
Top Bottom