Wetsuit glue for repair?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DXHI

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Tore some holes in my booties and wetsuit after a week of diving..
TBH one of the boots all but gave up the ghost. Have a new pair on order but I believe these can be salvaged for a spare set at minimum.. but the heel is for sure going to need glue and stitches..

Wanting the most durable glue

"Black Witch" is the best I've found so far for neoprene, and I've tried probably 4-5 different types. It may not work on some other materials though, you typically want to match glue to the material.

The only problem I've had so far, is attempting to glue a pocket onto a wetsuit. Where I placed the pocket, there is a LOT of stretching, which causes the glue to keep breaking loose in places.

If someone has better, I'd be interested in an answer myself.

As far as stitching, check out "speedy stitcher sewing awl kit." That thing is fantastic for hand-sewing, especially thick materials and in places sewing-machines have difficulty reaching.

"Black Witch" is the best I've found so far for neoprene, and I've tried probably 4-5 different types. It may not work on some other materials though, you typically want to match glue to the material.

The only problem I've had so far, is attempting to glue a pocket onto a wetsuit. Where I placed the pocket, there is a LOT of stretching, which causes the glue to keep breaking loose in places.

As far as stitching, check out "speedy stitcher sewing awl kit." That thing is fantastic for hand-sewing, especially thick materials and in places sewing-machines have difficulty reaching.

another vote for black witch

1668914815391.png

This stuff is the bomb

1668933244708.png

and you know it's good as it gets you stoned in the process

Another vote for black switch for permanent small fixes

I have combined this with a neoprene patch to fix holes in my hood (you can find tape or patches for neoprene repair but in my experience they may come unstuck after a while, what I did is just reinforce the patch by using some black witch and that seemed to last)

Black witch is mostly to join neoprene, won’t work for other materials.

is the bomb

Is this good or bad in this context? That word makes me nervous.

Back
Top Bottom