• I pee in my wetsuit often

Votes: 137 47.6%
  • I rarely pee in my wetsuit

Votes: 120 41.7%
  • never worn a wetsuit, never peed in it

Votes: 31 10.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

definatly not a holder...Just let it out you all....there is only two possible reasons that you don't go

Reason 1: You suck a tank dry faster than a Blown 460 on the drag strip

Reason 2: YOU are not properly hydrated and need to drink more water

Go, you will be much happier. less stress, if you know what i mean. although i wouldn't suggest it in a drysuit, but then again that is why they invented the "P-valve", for some of our gender challenged divers, they made diapers :eek:

i used 3mm wetsuit when the water started to hit below 25 C.

Peed on my wetsuit when the situation calls for it. no big deal.

Except on the following situation:
1. when wetsuit still dry
2. MY wetsuit worn by buddy:giggle

As a wise man once said ( Tommy Chong ): "It's un-healthy to suppress bodily functions".
If 5% of my dive is speny peeing, is that considered rarely?
hee hee hee
Dkerr

I have seen pee valves on dry suits. Being a registered nurse I have applied many a Depends adult diaper to patients and am consistanly amazed how dry those things can keep an adult-even after urinating for hours on end into the thing.

Therefore, I see no need for a pee valve. The valve seems like an engineering overcomplication when you consider all you have to wear is a diaper.

If the folks at D.I.R. are REALLY into analyzing and doing away with those redundant, complicated diving gizmoes, the first thing they would get rid of is the pee valve. You just have to train yourself to pee into your pants-I did it as a kid, I can do it again!-and I probably will when I'm 85 years old.

Sure you maintain your self-respect but I would rather retain my dry suit integrity.

Simple solution to a simple problem.

Think of all those cave divers peeing in the caves. Then think of all the people with wells, pulling that fresh cave water out to drink.

Originally posted by Darian Dunn
Think of all those cave divers peeing in the caves. Then think of all the people with wells, pulling that fresh cave water out to drink.

*chuckle* reminds me of the cave the Rouses found [as described in "The Last Dive" by Bernie Chowdhury". The resort nearby asked them to only dive the cave in the spring and the fall because they were stirring up the silt in the cave and causing the resort patrons to complain about the water quality :)

When you got to go ....You got to go, what are you supposed to do get undressed at 70ft ,relieve yourself and then swim like hell to get away from the sudden warm water then don all of your gear again. easier to let it go and wash it later!

Scubaddawg,

GET WET OR GO HOME!

Originally posted by funky__monks

Ah yes... being at one with my drysuit will be a necessity! :)

-jeff

LOL I've never heard it put quite that way, but it's pretty much true.

4 things to remember when "becoming one"

1- don't let ego get in the way of a good fit
2- shave
3- go in spurts
4- don't let yer tube kink.

I just got a custom made Northern Diver Tech. Ive done some tryouts, but this weekeknd my buddy and I'll be hitting it hard, so I'll post a report when I get back.

dive safe
Brock

Back
Top Bottom