Wetsuits of old were a boon to a ladie's figure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I like the beavertail wet suits with those shiny twistlocks at the crotch. I wish they were easier to find. I've seen parts of a TV movie from 1978 called "Hunters of the Reef," and it has Mary Louise Weller, the beautiful blonde actress who played Mandy Pepperidge in "National Lampoon's Animal House." The blue beavertail wet suit she wears in that one looks fabulous on her. For some reason, I get a kick out of seeing the twistlocks.

Yeah, I guess a lot of guys would agree with you since they ( the guys) were all staring at my friend's sister in her wetsuit.

I have to agree with Love2godeep, when diving---looking sexy is the last thing Im concerned about. Call it the freedom of "Matureing Gracefully"--just don't give a care attitude. Now I will confess to being drawn towards suits of color--thank goodness for LiquidFit!

Alvin_George:
Yeah, I like the beavertail wet suits with those shiny twistlocks at the crotch. I wish they were easier to find. I've seen parts of a TV movie from 1978 called "Hunters of the Reef," and it has Mary Louise Weller, the beautiful blonde actress who played Mandy Pepperidge in "National Lampoon's Animal House." The blue beavertail wet suit she wears in that one looks fabulous on her. For some reason, I get a kick out of seeing the twistlocks.

It gives you the illusion or maybe reality of "Quick Access"

Yeah I could see why a guy would like that.

Julie

Call it looking "smart" or "flattering" or "sporty" or "business like" or "sexy" or whatever you like.

Wetsuits and Drysuits are really no different than any other clothes.

After all when was the last time you went shopping with the intention buying clothes that made you look the "worst possible" or when was the last time you said to a friend waiting outside your dressing room that the outfit you just tried on made you look way to good, or that you needed something that made you look much more Fat!

There was a company several years ago who made a wetsuit that had Blue, Red and White verticle stripes on it. On a woman with a perfect figure it looked OK, but on a woman who was... shall we say a bit more rounded it made her look like a "beach ball". Sales of that suit failed miserably! Why?

Looking good translates into feeling good and also translates into diving better and positively affecting just about every other aspect of your life.

Don't confuse Looking good with feeling comfortable either. The two are not mutually exclusive...

Julie

Well, like Kat, I'm a fan of black. Can't go wrong with black.

Besides that, there's nothing like a drysuit & all the undergarments to erase all signs (except for that tell-tale ponytale emerging from under the hood) of a womanly figure.
Which is alright with me... I'm comfortable with the fact that cold-water diving is faaaaaaarrrrrr from a sexy sport.
On the other hand.... it need not be, considering that on many of the group dives I do I'm the only female surrounded by 5 or 6 guys. Wahoo! hehehe....

Reading these posts reminds me of when my wife and I were dating. She learned to scuba because it was something I enjoyed and she wanted to spend time with me. She also wanted to look good (and still does :wink: ) in a wet suit as well. To make a long story short, she was unhappy with the standard wet suits and had a custom one made.

The suit was custom made by US Wetsuits in Richmond Illinois, she was able to pick color,style, zipper location, titanium and thickness. If I remember correctly their web address is www.uswetsuits.com and telephone number is 1-888-988-7477.

I hope this helps! Or if worse comes to worse, pearls always look great with black. :54:

nessum:
Well, like Kat, I'm a fan of black. Can't go wrong with black.

Besides that, there's nothing like a drysuit & all the undergarments to erase all signs (except for that tell-tale ponytale emerging from under the hood) of a womanly figure.
Which is alright with me... I'm comfortable with the fact that cold-water diving is faaaaaaarrrrrr from a sexy sport.
On the other hand.... it need not be, considering that on many of the group dives I do I'm the only female surrounded by 5 or 6 guys. Wahoo! hehehe....

I should fly to where you live, LOL.

Just kidding! It is amazing, though that the cold water version of our fine sport seems to be male-dominated, isn't it?

I care more about a ladies ability to dive than how good she looks in an exposure suit. I would rather not have to rescue anyone and I don't much care how they look when I say that!

Shpwrckdvr,

Wow! US Wetsuits is awsome. Just a hop, skip & a jump from me as well. Right by the Chain O' Lakes. (I go to Blarneys Island every now & then.:beer_yum: ) I think the next wetsuit will be a custom job. Thanks for passing on the info.

I have a wetsuit made by U.S. Wetsuits. They did a custom measure and turned the suit out in a day for me - close to amazing. The fit is excellent, which is a real treat for me. They are very inexpensive, which I consider to be a plus. :) The neoprene isn't the highest quality and is prone to creases and crushing but I'm okay with that. I use the suit for warm water diving and want it as much for protection against stingy things as cold. Most of my diving is dry, so it doesn't get much of a workout, but I suspect that after a few years of use at my pace - something like 30 or 40 uses per year - it will need to be replaced. Then again, it was cheap enough that I'll be able to do that without having to wipe the blood off my wallet.

I got my money's worth and I'll use them again. Not top shelf quality in terms of materials, but the fit, service and value are all excellent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom