Whaddya wear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I normally dive dry when temps are below 65.
I have a 7mil Semi Dry Mares suit for sale, make me a reasonable offer! It is almost new, size large, and comes complete with a hood, neck seal and garment bag.

I bought myself a 7 mil (hey it was on sale!), but not my beloved dive buddy - we are planning (hopefully) on being in the Tampa area over the MLK holiday . . .I would be interested in purchasing the suit for him. We want to do one day diving with the mantatees but will also have another day for a couple of ocean dives . . .any recommendations? Email me katevehoo@yahoo.com

If you are going up to Crystal River or Homossasa to be with the manatees, be advised that it is a snorkel, not a scuba dive. So it'll be mask/fins/snorkel/booties/exposure protection.

We were just up there a couple of weeks ago @ the headwaters of the Homossasa Springs (near the park) and I was quite happy in my drysuit. Springs temps are about 72F all year round, but the air temps are now ranging from mid-60s to mid 70s.

Rather than wind up on one of the cattle boats, we've been renting a pontoon boat to do the Springs ourselves. Of course the best possible time(s) are during the week in the mornings, when things are less crowded & the manatee are most active.

Enjoy!

What are the water temps in the Tarpon Spring area Veterans Reef for example?

I'll be diving there week next, wet or dry?

I did Sheridan and Rube Allyn this weekend.. they weer 57/58 degrees... Sheridan (70'-80') is like 27 miles off the shore and Rube (40'-50') is like 13 miles off (about the same as Veterans).

I was fine with a 7mm suit, 3mm hood and thin gloves. 30 minutes at the Sheridan and just over an hour at Rube.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom