Whaleshark snorkeling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's cool!

mantas are in the area but more difficult to find since they are below the surface and do not have an obvious fin like the whale sharks - they are also in smaller groups.

I charter a boat for 4 days for 7 guests each year and sometimes mantas are more popular than the whale sharks. We make an effort to find them, but they are by no means guaranteed . Whale sharks come close to 100% chance of finding them mantas we find only once per 4 day session on average. Sometimes not at all.

I work with the Manta Trust to photograph and identify mantas for their study database. Manta Trust | Conservation through Research, Awareness and Education

I am in Isla Mujeres now

Gregory Sweeney Underwater Photography photo tours swim with whale sharks shark diving American Crocodiles in Mexico, Sailfish and Sardine Run, African Photo Safaris

Attachments

• GS_0302_160705.jpg
    GS_0302_160705.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 97
mantas are in the area but more difficult to find since they are below the surface and do not have an obvious fin like the whale sharks - they are also in smaller groups.

I charter a boat for 4 days for 7 guests each year and sometimes mantas are more popular than the whale sharks. We make an effort to find them, but they are by no means guaranteed . Whale sharks come close to 100% chance of finding them mantas we find only once per 4 day session on average. Sometimes not at all.

I work with the Manta Trust to photograph and identify mantas for their study database. Manta Trust | Conservation through Research, Awareness and Education

I am in Isla Mujeres now

Gregory Sweeney Underwater Photography photo tours swim with whale sharks shark diving American Crocodiles in Mexico, Sailfish and Sardine Run, African Photo Safaris
Amazing picture!! Love the mantas, I am going next week hopefully to snorkel with the Whale Sharks and if we are lucky to see some mantas, we also plan on diving in cancun ( or near it) any place that you recommend with a better possibility to see mantas?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom