What an IED might look like

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Dillehay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
A boat captain found this floating in front of Car Ferry Pier.

Attachments

• IED.jpg
    IED.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 486
That's not going to calm the nerves of the authorities.

An IED can look like anything...hence why they are called "improvised" explosive devices.

Is this a picture of the original devise found on 19 February, prior to the exposition on the Barcos Caribe ferry in Playa on 21 February?

That's not going to calm the nerves of the authorities.

They have already seen it and other photos have been released. I just thought that SB people might want/need to
Is this a picture of the original devise found on 19 February, prior to the exposition on the Barcos Caribe ferry in Playa on 21 February?

Yes

When?

Edited to add...

I think you're saying (just above this) that this was actually the "first" device found - like, two weeks ago - NOT a new, just discovered device.

You should be a lot more clear about that. With the current breathless, over-hyped news environment (bordering on hysteria, in my opinion), anything that could possibly be mis-interpreted as "the next scary thing" needs to be carefully framed. Without making it real clear, a lot of people are going to see this and completely freak out, screaming "see! there's ANOTHER bomb! it's the zetas!! it's ISIS!! don't go to that dangerous place!!!"

There's a tremendous amount of misinformed fear out there. Context is important to keep it from continuing to explode (pardon the expression).

Just my .37 pesos.

Last edited:
The day before the ferry explosion in Playa.

They have already seen it and other photos have been released. I just thought that SB people might want/need to

Yes

Let me finish your last sentence.

“might want/need to know about this so I can deter more tourists from coming here”.

Besides stirring the pot and being really bad for business, remind us why you're posting this?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom