What an IED might look like

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This whole subject is of great interest to this forum. Sorry I did not date stamp everything. I believe this forum deserves the truth, and I am not worried about losing business. This morning we had people check in from Cancun, and on the ferry. They knew about the ferry situation and had enough sense to not worry about it. This will be cleared up soon and be forgotten.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

You did throw me with the timeframe.

And you know you are still much more likely to experience the danger of a good margarita than a IED.

This whole subject is of great interest to this forum. Sorry I did not date stamp everything. I believe this forum deserves the truth, and I am not worried about losing business. This morning we had people check in from Cancun, and on the ferry. They knew about the ferry situation and had enough sense to not worry about it. This will be cleared up soon and be forgotten.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Truth? Sounds more like drama reports. Thanks to crap "reports" like yours, I now have to deal with 17 customers who think that changing our Coz trip in April to somewhere else is an excellent idea. Leave the news to reporters and warnings to the appropriate authorities in the state department.

Well, I don't know that is fair. If that is a pic of the device that his captain found, then that is a fact and I was interested to see it. Now after that, people are either shouting 'OMG Coz is now SO dangerous" or 'it was just a little thing and its over and don't worry about it.'

I think it is safe to say eventually one or the other will be proven correct. If something else blows up in April, your customers might have had an excellent idea. If nothing more ever happens like this, then they jumped the gun. (or bomb as the case may be)

The wife is still going on a girls trip in April through Cancun. I might buy her a Dandy Don snorkel vest.

Truth? Sounds more like drama reports. Thanks to crap "reports" like yours, I now have to deal with 17 customers who think that changing our Coz trip in April to somewhere else is an excellent idea. Leave the news to reporters and warnings to the appropriate authorities in the state department.

So you seek to squelch factual discussion with actual photos in the interests of protecting your vested interests?

Crap Reports? That is more than insulting and should be subject to a moderator's notice. I don't think I have ever posted anything but the truth on this board, and in previous posts I was repeatedly queried as to the "device" found by my Captain the day before the Explosion in Playa. Before now I was constrained by the the government from releasing that photo. It is encouraging to hear from some that it was probably fireworks rather than dynamite…not possible without the photo.

You might notice that I have many more thanks on this forum than posts.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

The wife is still going on a girls trip in April through Cancun. I might buy her a Dandy Don snorkel vest.
Chief, a vest is a band aid after the fact. For the truly nervous there are hand held explosive testers.
upload_2018-3-11_13-23-36.png

Crap Reports? That is more than insulting and should be subject to a moderator's notice. I don't think I have ever posted anything but the truth on this board, and in previous posts I was repeatedly queried as to the "device" found by my Captain the day before the Explosion in Playa. Before now I was constrained by the the government from releasing that photo. It is encouraging to hear from some that it was probably fireworks rather than dynamite…not possible without the photo.

You might notice that I have many more thanks on this forum than posts.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

I'm not doubting the veracity of your posts...but not posting a picture of a suspected bomb without an accurate date is awful reporting and incendiary (pardon the pun) to put it mildly. Your attitude towards this incident seems to me to be quite inflammatory and is adding to the scary milieu with regards to the ferry incident. You're really not helping here. I wonder if the other Coz operators share your infectious enthusiasm about scaring people away from the island?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom