What are good BC's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Evolve??? Isn't that an elitist remark. Thanks to our being in an election cycle the word "elitist" is heard often.

"Evolve" is elitist? Daily I thank my lucky stars I don't suffer the demons you seem to.

I can't speak for TSandM, put I assume she meant something like "to develop gradually by a process of growth and change" when she used "evolve"

How is that elitist?

Perhaps that depends on the side of the argument one stands on.

History is littered with ideas that were technically superior, but lost the marketing battle. Sony BetaMax vs VHS comes to mind.

Wow! I had no idea the percentage could be as high as 1000:1. It's worse than I thought.

I don't know what the ratio is, and I don't really care, might be 10,000:1 or 100,000:1.
What difference should that make to me, or any prospective BP&W user? I'm sure Ferrari spends little time worrying about the ratio of F430s to Chevys sold. It has zero impact on the decisions I make concerning design, production or marketing, pricing etc.

It's all in the spin isn't it. My guess is they just want to capitalize on more sales to a select market segment.

BP&W's are gain wider distribution. More companies offer BP&W's today than in prior years, and more LDS's are offering some type of BP&W's than in prior years.

How do you explain that?

Tobin

Tobin, I think they are your demons.

I do think BP/W setups have their greatest appeal for cold water divers, who are happy to get some of the ballast they need to carry up onto their backs. But I think some of the most joyful diving I've done is warm water diving, with almost no weight at all, in my BP/W, nothing on my chest, nothing much around my waist, feeling almost like I don't have any gear on at all.

The bottom line is that you have to be comfortable in what you buy, or you won't use it. What fits and feels comfortable on me may or may not work for you. What's important is that it DOES work for you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom