What are your priorities?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

S. starfish

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a friend who as it turns out, through a few twists of logic, holds viewing and posting on scubaboard as a higher priority than personal hygeine. This person informed me that the first thing they did this morning was check and post on scubaboard, and THEN proceeded to the shower.
Where does scubaboard stand in your priorities?

Well , I don't really rate it more important than hygiene, but I do tend to jump on laptop second or third thing in the morning, usually goes something like,

1 make coffee
2 pee (to make room for coffee)
3 grab cup of coffee and check email & favorite forums
4 morning ride
5 morning S,S,& S
6 off to whatever work is scheduled, or play on laptop if nothing scheduled

it's fun. wish it weren't, but it is.

Maybe he´s into reading "accidents & incidents" and wants to wash away the cold sweat after some morning reading?

well...I'm sleeping on the couch right now...so the laptop is on the coffee table showing the slideshow screensavor..I check email first....then reset my alarm clock for another 10-15 min...then I swear as I realize I am now running late, and then when waiting for class to start, I check SB...so I guess its
Email
more sleep
brushing teeth while getting dress and making breakfest
rushing to school
getting to class early, and then Scuba Board.
I suppose that's way more info then what's needed...but I've seen this episode of southpark and don't feel like going to bed yet.

I think this was well covered in the "How to know when you're a scuba diver" thread.

I'm just as guilty as others....I'm on here a lot. Probably doesn't help that I have 20 college credit hours as well as work full time, so much of my time is spent on the computer.

It is not a priority, it is more of an addiction.
I don't put it first on my list of To Do's, but after a while, I am missing it, and have to check what has been going on.

Back
Top Bottom