What are your salaries as a DM or OWSI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

salary? Can you use that in a sentance?

Honestly, unless you live in a popular diving tourist location, chances are you will get paid little to no money at all. Then even if you do live in a popular diving tourist location, you aren't going to get paid much. It's more of a "lifestyle" then a career.

Also, to get paid you should also have some or more of the following qualities:
  • mechanical experience
  • boating experience (USCG licenced captain would be better)
  • cooking experience
  • cleaning experience (such as a maid service)
  • waiter/waitress experience

and, although I am NOT a pro...from what I hear, many have 'regular' jobs to pay the bills an the diving gig is on the side.

The only ones I know that are full time instructors own their own shop, they don't make a lot of money, and even one of those guys is only open part time and works another job during the day.

Let me see. The last dive job I did, Inst or capt for four days, wife dove two days out side this. Subtract that from my wages, RT gas for the jeep four four days, I think I made about $80 for four days of "work"....

Wildcard:
Let me see. The last dive job I did, Inst or capt for four days, wife dove two days out side this. Subtract that from my wages, RT gas for the jeep four four days, I think I made about $80 for four days of "work"....

WOW!! free dives for the wife AND $80!!!!!!!!!!:rofl3: :rofl3:

I got $40 the other day for taking a warm water diver on their first cold water dive:). That was a big day......

Back
Top Bottom