What browser do YOU use (mostly) and why?

What browser

• Fire Fox

Votes: 58 65.9%
  • Interner Explorer

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Opera

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Safari

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • other

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well. IE was used by everyone who bought a Windows computer. Firefox was originally used by computer geeks. The same geeks installed it on their mom or grandma's computer with Adblock Plus and Spybot because they got tired of their parents computers being ridden with malware and viruses. So, yes, some people get excited about Firefox. For good reason, it saves them a lot of phone calls from friends and relatives who use them as "their computer guy".

If java really had garbage collection, it would delete itself when invoked.

Programming languages exist because they satisfy a need. Just because Java doesn't work for you doesn't mean it is garbage. It just means you haven't worked on projects where Java is the best choice of language... or you have and decided to not use Java.

Firefox at work because IE refuses to connect even after complete reinstalls.

IE at home, but I've since discovered that it becomes highly unstable when using 800mb RAM or more (Don't ask...I sometimes have many many browser sessions going)

I'm starting to use Firefox at home to see if it has the same limitations

Firefox at work because IE refuses to connect even after complete reinstalls.

IE at home, but I've since discovered that it becomes highly unstable when using 800mb RAM or more (Don't ask...I sometimes have many many browser sessions going)

I'm starting to use Firefox at home to see if it has the same limitations
ditto

Firefox. Safari if there's a problem with some site.

I won't use M$ products on principle, if I have any choice at all.
I deleted the rant on why, it's been done.

FF has so many customizable extensions that it just stands alone amongst all the others. Open source has proven its original claims to be a better service to the consumer.

It's rumored that if an evil minded sort gets control of IE then they also own your OS, and that FF doesn't offer that vulnerability.

The Poll results are interesting. Since I can tell you that statistically our users use:

1 Internet Explorer 61.70%
2 Firefox 29.89%
3 Safari 6.86%
4 Opera 0.93%

Oh... i use IE - because I have since it came out.

I imagine the discrepancy is because the majority of people who have no idea what a browser is, but use one, are using IE. Ditto for most Scubaboard users who have no interest in discussing browsers. This thread naturally selects for SB members who have some knowledge of, or interest in, browsers and technology.

Note I'm not saying anything about the converse, there are plenty of tech-savvy folks who use IE for one reason or another.

Actually, it's interesting to note that your stats indicate less IE share on Scubaboard than the general web universe. See
40% of surfers don't bother with browser security updates
which also lends some credence to my point about naive users "preferring" IE.

Firefox from the beginning because of all the problems with IE and because it's not Microsoft.

I only use IE at work because we cannot install anything else on our PC's. Wait...Maybe I'll try it and see if someone comes over to bother me.

Or just try installing Portable Firefox onto a usb drive. When you get to work, plug in the drive & navigate away in FF.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom