What can or does your LDS need to do to EARN your business?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

- Dont gloat about how your the best diver in the world and everyone else are idiots.

this one single thing will drive me away faster then anything else. I have went to dive shops like this and immediately boycott them on my list of shops soley for this purpose. For instance the master diver challenge padi puts on. We all know its not a course and we all know some people dont take other peoples achievements the same way they do. When a diver tells me how stupid this is he automaticly sends up a flag that I can do better else where with more intelligent conversation.

It just erks me when people have to belittle other people for what they hold as an achievement. Ive went to shops and I have spoken to people on here who bash the master diver and I have also had arguements with people who could not understand that I have an opinion on nitrox.

My whole point is when someone comes to you dont bash them for asking a question and dont feel their head with your own one sided opinions. Be honest with them and allow them to make their own decision and respect them for their decisions. Encourage further achievement even if to you it seems petty or worthless. To them it may mean the world and encourage them to continue diving not just give up on it.

With the honesty it is very important to tell them if you think a higher priced regulator is better then dont tell them why it is but instead explain to them "I feel like this is better because......." and allow them to make the decision on their own

My whole point is when someone comes to you dont bash them for asking a question and dont feel their head with your own one sided opinions. Be honest with them and allow them to make their own decision and respect them for their decisions. Encourage further achievement even if to you it seems petty or worthless. To them it may mean the world and encourage them to continue diving not just give up on it.

Ha! Good luck finding an LDS like that!

I will back the LDSs on one thing: Most allow you to try gear and return it if you don't like it. Not many other "adventure gear" retailers allow this and, one would think, this puts a strain on stock and then having to resell an item that has technically been used. (AND YES...They should be required to list this gear as USED!)

I know the climbing gear industry pretty much has a policy that, if you use it, or it shows wear, it's yours to keep...heck, even shoe sellers say that you better try the shoes on carpet and have no "wear marks" or they are not returnable. LDSs seem to go one step further, but I truly believe that this is just their way of appeasing the "whiny diver" who doesn't do their research before buying something.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom