What did Santa bring you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sealife micro HD+, a new lamp, a Mares Pro Tec (but it didn't make the delivery), and in February a trip to Sharm.... definitely a good Christmas :)

My gift was something truly extrodinary. My father was a Royal Navy diver in the late 50's to mid 1960's he's getting on a fair bit and goes on about the family getting this or that. My reply has always been I want nothing from you except for you to enjoy the rest of your life. But I would like to keep your dive knife to remember you by. THIS was my Christmas present from him.

You win. :)

Scubapro Titanium knife
Suunto D4i novo

Apple TV to watch Natl. Geo.-type programs about beautiful places with deep, clear seas and all kinds of facinating critters.

I was just informed that Santa had been delayed and hadn't dropped off all my SCUBA gifts.
In addition to the HOG D1 doubles set, he also brought a HOG D1 deco reg set, a Dive Rite Nitek Q and a box of little bits and pieces (new wetnotes, a pile of bolt snaps, etc).
Santa (or Sue and Kim) must think I was a good boy last year.

Two week trip to my home in Hypoluxo from my home in Basel in late January....dive, dive, dive....

My mother in law got me freediving fins. Well actually she gave me a dive shop voucher, but I told her she got me awesome new fins.

They've been out three times so far. First dive I found a bunch of big rays and my wife found us a 4 foot long Wobbegong (carpet shark in the rest of the world). Second dive I found some more rays and then correctly identified them as Spotted Eagle Rays, or Australian Bull Rays. We were in Coffs Harbour NSW and it's apparently unusual to see them so far North, or so wiki tells me. Third time out was today back in Sydney, and I found a nice big octopus, just chilling close to the shore in shallow water. Score. I never find octopus, and someone else always tells me about it.

So thanks Santa, for serving up some great marine life and viz over Christmas.

A pair of Cressi Gara 2000HF fins... EVO Elite full 3mm and 1mm wetsuits.... a Christmas 7 day cruise that hit Roatan, Belize, Cozumel and Costa Maya in which I did 8 dives total... and the best gift of all an encounter with wild Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphin pods while concluding a dive off Roatan, Honduras... :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420523779.115162.jpg

Bulldozer shrimp. Only 2 sitings on our trip last week to Belize.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom