What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That was the first thing I did too, have them gone over by a tech. I dont know, its just a hang up of mine. I normally buy everything new, not just diving gear. I am in the AOW course now, well, doing the book work till the ice is gone, I think my unease with this will pass once having been on a deep dive, with the instructor. We'll see.

Bill

I just bought a Scubapro Knighthawk with Air 2, and a mk25/s600 reg and im very happy with everything my only regret is getting the air 2 instead of getting an octo. My instructor told us not to get the air 2 but after talkin to some of my dive buddys and the lds they all sait it was great. i tried it out and i hope i never have to use it its very uncomfortable and heavy and you cant move your head. Anyone that is interested in an air2 with 3 dives on it pm me. its a great idea just not for me.

I just bought a Scubapro Knighthawk with Air 2, and a mk25/s600 reg and im very happy with everything my only regret is getting the air 2 instead of getting an octo. My instructor told us not to get the air 2 but after talkin to some of my dive buddys and the lds they all sait it was great. i tried it out and i hope i never have to use it its very uncomfortable and heavy and you cant move your head. Anyone that is interested in an air2 with 3 dives on it pm me. its a great idea just not for me.

Ebay's a good bet, they sell like pretty well on there.

well, I made it all the way through.

Just completed my OW, and have not bought any gear yet, so no regrets yet!

Just have to say once again, this thread is amazing, you all have probably saved me a lot of trouble.

Here's some general stuff I have found over the last 77 pages.

Generally Preferred:
Aqualung/Apeks
US Divers
SCUBAPRO
BP/Wing BC's
DIN
Wrist Mount Computers
Small knives/shears
Jet Fins
Zeagle
Masks w/o purge
Hard Sole dive boots
renting tanks

Generally Pissed off about:
AL80 tanks
Snorkels
Jacket-style BC's
Crocodile Dundee knives
Dacor
Air2
Mares
retractors

Thanks for all the info, and as a new poster I will try to get things in the right forums and use the searchbar, in exchange for the wealth of knowledge here.

split fins (don't work in current), snorkel(almost useless), an octopus reg (just gets in the way), aluminum tank, 7mm farmer john wet suit for so.cal. (good for Alaska), hose less air integrated computer (works good if i turn off the air function)

Welcome to the Board Acadian. Hopefully this thread has helped you out a bit. BUT, no matter what you buy, dive with it and enjoy it. Do not get caught up being angry about the equipment or truly regretting the purchase. Ask yourself: Am I safe with this equipment? Am I enjoying this dive? If you are able to answer YES to both of those questions, then do not worry about your gear. I have done 300+ dives on my poodle jacket and I wish I had a BP&W but I am not angry at the BC.....I just enjoy the dives and will replace it when I can. Same goes for my Octo, Air Integrated Computer etc...

Just enjoy the diving and enjoy it often.

well, I made it all the way through.

Just completed my OW, and have not bought any gear yet, so no regrets yet!

Just have to say once again, this thread is amazing, you all have probably saved me a lot of trouble.

Here's some general stuff I have found over the last 77 pages.

Generally Preferred:
Aqualung/Apeks
US Divers
SCUBAPRO
BP/Wing BC's
DIN
Wrist Mount Computers
Small knives/shears
Jet Fins
Zeagle
Masks w/o purge
Hard Sole dive boots
renting tanks

Generally Pissed off about:
AL80 tanks
Snorkels
Jacket-style BC's
Crocodile Dundee knives
Dacor
Air2
Mares
retractors

Thanks for all the info, and as a new poster I will try to get things in the right forums and use the searchbar, in exchange for the wealth of knowledge here.

the big AKONA travel bag . at first glance it's brilliant - a huge roller bag, with side pockets for your fins, a mesh water bottle holder, a separate pouch to hold the reg case which comes with it- a pocket to carry your dive log book with a separate carry case for that too - it's super well built , you can get ALL your gear into this thing, your clothing and some of the stuff your buddy couldnt get into their bag - it's built very well. why do i regret purchasing it ? it weighs a ton ! i didnt actually notice the weight myself - the airlines do - with stricter weight limitations on checked baggage - starts to make things like the weight of the actual bag count - the Akona gear bag weighed more than the items i had in it - and i've had to travel with it near empty by swapping to a regualr suitcase while on a trip to keep the weight down to permissable levels....great for local use - but not the best answer for airline travel where weight is measured.
cheers,
marc

Well, I have my list too...

1 - Jacket style BC, should have gone for backplate/wing since the begining (even with singles)
2 - Console gauges, today I desasembled it to use the pressure gauge alone in the hose and moved to wrist mouted botton timer, computer and compass
3 - Yoke regs, today I use only DIN
4 - Mares Volo fins, lasted less than one year, now I am a Jetfin adict...

Too mention a few...

Spare Air. Never got the opportunity to try/test it but after doing some more research and gathering many oppinions on here, I decided to leave it in the box and send it back to ScubaToys.

Nice to see I was not the only sucker to fall for the call of the Akona Dive Bag :wink:. I use mine only for local diving now and pack in a large but much lighter suitcase for travel. On the plus side, that suitcase is not as easily identified as expensive sporting gear when going though the airport...the AKONA name on the bag is like a bullseye for thiefs.

the big AKONA travel bag . at first glance it's brilliant - a huge roller bag, with side pockets for your fins, a mesh water bottle holder, a separate pouch to hold the reg case which comes with it- a pocket to carry your dive log book with a separate carry case for that too - it's super well built , you can get ALL your gear into this thing, your clothing and some of the stuff your buddy couldnt get into their bag - it's built very well. why do i regret purchasing it ? it weighs a ton ! i didnt actually notice the weight myself - the airlines do - with stricter weight limitations on checked baggage - starts to make things like the weight of the actual bag count - the Akona gear bag weighed more than the items i had in it - and i've had to travel with it near empty by swapping to a regualr suitcase while on a trip to keep the weight down to permissable levels....great for local use - but not the best answer for airline travel where weight is measured.
cheers,
marc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom