What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brass snap-bolts
DX8000 camera/housing
Insta-dry hood (love the Insta-dry boots, though)
Aluminum tank
DiveAlert Plus (all the u/w bit does is blow bubbles)
Magnetic slate
Console based computer and compass (all wrist now)

My turn:
1: Snorkels about 5 or 6
2: Wrist mounted computer
3: Wrist Mounted compass
4: Octo holders didn't count the different types
5: Every Octo that would never stay on it's mount (went with an SS1 and very happy)
6: Various girlfriend I took along on dive trips.

First mask and fins. Neither fit properly. Last bad purchase was a 3mm wetsuit - moved to Canada shortly after that.

I'm *very* glad I didn't buy the first BC I liked. It was a SeaQuest, and the next one was an Aqualung Wave, and now that I've tried a ScubaPro BC, which I like a lot better, I'm looking forward to trying out some other brands of BCs before deciding to buy one. I have my eye on the Zeagle Xena. Does anyone have any experience w/ them?

-WW.

Great topic! I regret buying my Air 2 and have since got a standard octo. Also a large dive slate (totally unecessary unless you plan on not using hand signals). Its all a matter of preference actually. With dive gear you learn as you go. Shops are in the business to make money and they will sell you both what you need and don't need.

I'm not regretting more and more that I bought my BC rather than trying on a BP/W and seeing how I liked it first. I'm wanting to switch over to the bp/w and am super worried about getting it wrong again :(

I'm also regretting the split fins (pretty much same reason as I'm regretting the silly BC).

I don't regret buying anything. Each piece of equipment I've bought; bad or good has been a valuable learning experience first hand. It beats the pants off learning by popular opinion, IMO.

Actually I like all my gear so far, but one thing I would change would be buying a bp/w over jacket. Not to say my bc is bad, it actually works quite well, just that bp/w's are so customizable

The multipule assortment sized light package. The big light is the only one that is ever used in diving. The other lights in the "kit packet" have been regulated to camping lights. They are just to underpowered for diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom