What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve001:
The Chrysler however.....no excuse for that heap'o'crap

:rofl: Never had one for that very same reason but it looks like I'll own one now with that bailout! :furious:

Tusa Xpert Zooms, a total waste of money. :palmtree: Bob

Aqualung Blades II fins.
Pistol grip lights.
Anything not black.
Sea&Sea MX-5 II.
Yea, I am all black now too, but a long time ago I bought a great, but a pink knife. Guys were making fun of me, but mysteriously, lately, my pink knife is coooool.
Pink is a new black!
No, I won't go that far.:D

a stupid $100 digital camera with scuba case. Reviews were actually pretty good, but turned out to be the biggest piece of junk ever. Drained powerful batteries in a minute, lost pictures when batteries ran out, SD card didn't work and the spring in the slot broke, case leaked.

I should have known better and just spend the money on something decent.

---------

Also, while I wouldn't say regret since it was part of a package, had I bought that $50 totally dry snorkel on its own I'd have some buyers remorse, the totally dry thing is way too gimicky and not really all that useful.

leaked case: try put vaseline around the silicone rim and if you travel by plane, do not close it completely. (in case you haven't try any of these :D)

Anything not black.

Really? When I first started I thought the stealth was cool but now all my buddies really appreciate my yellow fins in low viz conditions. Has nothing to do with buddy proximity (I think I'm pretty good with that), or and I definitely don't think high viz everything is necessary, but I find a bit of color can really be helpful/safer overall.

I regret the wrist slate. Simply unnecessary. And a 3 window, high volume purge valve mask. I thought the visibility would be better, but it's not. Newbie error. The snorkel is pointless of course, but the top flap works well when I (rarely) use it for free diving.
Everything else I use somehow, or was an introductory purchase that has since been upgraded but still serves as a backup (fins, mask, boots, cheap reg).

Lastly, I really like my jacket BC, to me its a good mix between technical features, ease of use and set up, comfort and packability. Reading this thread has gotten me interested in bp/w's, but I'm going to try several before buying. I would only get one if I also got steel tanks, so that large expenditure will have to wait a while. I'm currently debating getting a 19 pony, just for bail outs and peace of mind (I've never been close to needing one). If I get one I'll let you know in a year whether it was worth it...

Luke

Also, I know some people don't like their inflator/octo combination, but I like my tusa duo-air a lot. Keeps things streamlined, and I've dived an entire lap around a lake using it as a primary with no discomfort. It's no 50D, but what octo is? Now, handing it off as an octo would be very awkward, thats why you share your primary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom