What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A Poseidon Deep 90 regulator

I liked the way it breathed - very low cracking resistance - but I never got used to the shape of the mouthpiece. I found I was constantly clearing water out of it. Was happy to go back to my Apecs XTX.

regards
Peter

I have invested a few bucks in all my gear, and so far I have no regrets. I usually consult my dive shop or other friends before I make a big purchase. I also shop around for second hand gear too. If I did have to single out one thing that im iffy on, it would be the uw laser that I bought from Ebay. Its the red laser and in a pool its cool I can put a little red dot on something but in the real world the dark waters on NJ the red dot fades after a few feet. What I should have done was spent the 100 bucks for the green laser which has a visible beam versus the 25 bucks for the little red dot. oh well its life and everyday is a day to learn.

Since I am still new to diving, I kinda thought I would make some mistakes in buying my own gear... I almost did with my BCD then returned it the next day knowing I was not going to be happy with it. I ended up getting a back inflate bcd instead and been diving 2 years with it and happy. Everything else I bought was with a lot of research and making wise decisions. So I am happy with everything, just a few more things to buy but the small stuff, light, sheers... =)

I forgot that I still had this relic from years ago when I would buy any gadget I could get my hands on.
a68908a1-e601-a324.jpg

I'll let you guess what this is and why it could ruin your day.

I'm sure some oldtimer can chime in and tell everyone what this product was intended for.

I regretted I bought a BC. It was a nice BC and I paid a lot for it. Air II, Integrated weights, comfortable.

Then I saw the BP/W.

So now I have a really nice BC collecting dust in my garage.

that scuda thing.... is that something to drink out of? what a wild invention, something like would be nice but idk i think there could be too many failure points to make it worth while.

that scuda thing.... is that something to drink out of? what a wild invention, something like would be nice but idk i think there could be too many failure points to make it worth while.

It never failed once but it did have a nasty habit of creating small explosions in your mouth.
The system had to be completely free of bubbles otherwise a bubble would expand and force its way into the mouthpiece as a small explosion of air that was sometimes strong enough to blow the regulator right out of your mouth.
The explosion itself was by no means lethal but the results of an unexpected extraction of your mouthpiece at depth was quite startling and nerve racking.

I regretted I bought a BC. It was a nice BC and I paid a lot for it. Air II, Integrated weights, comfortable.

Then I saw the BP/W.

So now I have a really nice BC collecting dust in my garage.

Me, too.

I started to say, "For the most part I have the same original gear I purchased 15 years ago" but then remembered I've replaced mask, fins, console, air gauge, compass and purchase a console mounted computer. But I still have the same Reg, BCD, and other items. Gear bag is finally falling apart. I've been very happy with my US Divers gear over the years. Need to get Nitrox computer, new gear bag.

packeteer:
2 dry suits (its a long story). 1 is for sale here

other than that, I did a lot of research here and elsewhere, so I don't really regret anything else.

ok, i have to add 2 pairs fins to my list now. both good fins, but 1 is too small, the other too big. i can see some ebay in my future :shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom