What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My goodness, I started this thread in 2005, and I just have to put the thousandth post on it!

In the last couple of years, I don't think I've bought anything that I regret. The last things I can think of were the Cozy Winters heated vest (works great, when you can get it to work) and the Oxycheq Raider light (also worked impressively well, until it didn't). Otherwise, I've either gotten smarter, or I'm doing more research before I buy!

one thousand replies! pretty good for a 5 year old thread.
Yeah, pretty good. I don't have any gear that I regret buying, but I do regret snarkily implying--995 posts ago--that Lynne was wasting our time with this thread. :shakehead:

Yeah, pretty good. I don't have any gear that I regret buying, but I do regret snarkily implying--995 posts ago--that Lynne was wasting our time with this thread. :shakehead:

Woops :)

Before I really started diving, I bought some Aqualung Pulse fins from the dive shop and never had any problems with them. Years later and well into my diving career I assumed my first purchase sucked and wanted to try the gold standard-Jet Fins. After one dive, the Jet Fins went to the back of the closet and haven't come out since.

The moral of the story is if it aint broke, don't fix it.

My goodness, I started this thread in 2005, and I just have to put the thousandth post on it!

In the last couple of years, I don't think I've bought anything that I regret. The last things I can think of were the Cozy Winters heated vest (works great, when you can get it to work) and the Oxycheq Raider light (also worked impressively well, until it didn't). Otherwise, I've either gotten smarter, or I'm doing more research before I buy!

Nice... and how long were watching the post count? kinda like watching the odometer turn over huh?

After one thousand postings and multiple people who have read the entire thread can someone please summarize the general "Feel" of what to buy and what not to buy?

I'll start.
1. Quite a few of us who have tried BP/W's think that initially purchasing a BCD Jacket was a bad idea.

2. Snorkels are generally a "waste of money" except to pass OW and to do the occaisonal surface swim in Bonaire (or some such locale) or where it is mandated.

3. Tank bangers. O-U-T

Add to this?

Asha,

Aluminum 10L make great stage/deco bottles!!

My first dive kit..

poodle jacket, retractors, hose protectors and all that hoopty crap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom