What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AL 80 not good for diving?

amazing, my primary cylinders are steel however AL 80 is one of the greatest things since sliced bread...

First pair of fins. Cost me $80 bucks and some off brand. They were HUGE! People would ask me on the beach "So is free diving fun?". Plus they gave me bad leg cramps. When I finally upgraded I passed them off to a friend who was without fins. He still "Free Dives" with them.

Agree.

I'll have a pair of steel cylinders on my back this week, but will be doing all my dives off four Al80s...

AL 80 not good for diving?

amazing, my primary cylinders are steel however AL 80 is one of the greatest things since sliced bread...

2 dry suits (its a long story). 1 is for sale here

other than that, I did a lot of research here and elsewhere, so I don't really regret anything else.

One of my buddies says he likes Hitler more than weigh- integrated BCs. :)
Weight pockets tend to fall out under water and lifting your kit out of the water is much harder. I began diving with a backpack, then bought a couple of BCs over the years. I switched to a steel backplate a decade ago and will never go back to a traditional BC.

I've used two different weight belts and an weight integrated BC. Now I use a DUI weight HARNESS. Live and learn.

5mm Gloves and a hood. Never used them as most of my diving has been in warm waters.

1/2mm exposure suit. Always used my 3mm full even in warm waters and at times felt I could use another layer on top of it.

Scubapro S-Tek with RecTek wings. Although I like the harness, the wing has an inherent problem that the air does not get distributed equally between both bladders and goes more in the right bladder causing a roll. Very irritating!

AirII. Really awkward!

SPG, computer and compass all in one console. Being a chronic watch-checker on land, I should have figured I'd be a chronic PC-checker underwater. I've since bought a dedicated wrist PC, moved the compass to a wrist boot and replaced the console SPG with a standard brass & glass SPG.

Mares classic 5mm dive boots - they are ridiculously soft and "soggy" basically a dive booty with some rubber sole. Pretty such I'd prefer a boot with a little more structure to it.

Not quite regret but I'm pretty sure I'll prefer a bp/w over my Aeris Atmos lx BC. It;s nice but I think I will prefer the minimalist nature of the BP/W

Back
Top Bottom