What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tank banger.....you know, the plastic piece on a circular band of rubber hose.....don't know how many of those I've left on tanks over the years....now I just keep a cheap caribiner in my hands as I swim.

hmm.... plenty references to "DIR".... what is it??

hmm.... plenty references to "DIR".... what is it??
"DIR" Stands for Do It Right, there is a whole forum on that. I cannot comment on it because I DIW(do it wrong).

I don't regret buying anything as of yet, yes even the retractors and danglies. I don't use them most of the time, but they do get pulled out on occasion, Usually when hunting for lobster, a small light on a retractor comes in handy at times.

I do regret not buying some things though; such as more dive vacations.

Hmmm no real regrets for me. I have been diving a Jacket BC for the past 4 years or so. I have no complaints at the local quarry, but it is way too bulky to travel with. I am seriously considering a Transpac as a replacement.

One thing I'm definitely glad I got - Miflex hoses.

DO IT!!! Transpac's rock.

I don't necessarily regret buying my Jetstreams, but now that I have my XTX's I certainly wouldn't buy them again...

I'll add aluminum 80. Now I use a steel 100 and physically it's smaller than the 80, plus overall it's lighter since I can drop about 5-6 pounds off my belt.

Luckily didn't lose much on the 80 but if I had to do it over, I would buy the 100 from the start.

Worst thing I bought was $2k in dive equipment for a wife who doesn't enjoy diving... Huge lesson learned is not forcing your loved one into your hobby/passion.

Last edited:
I bought the SeaQuest proQ i3 bcd, I am wishing I bought a wing instead.... oh well next year:wink:

I guess next year came early, I just went out and bought the new Halcyon Infinity wing.
Dove with it yesterday for the first time and love it already, even though I still have a few quirks to work out.
But definitley a very nice piece of gear.

I'll add aluminum 80. Now I use a steel 100 and physically it's smaller than the 80, plus overall it's lighter since I can drop about 5-6 pounds off my belt.

Luckily didn't lose much on the 80 but if I had to do it over, I would buy the 100 from the start.

nah, AL80's are good to have. Perfect for bubble checking stuff without worrying about wasting any gas in your steel cylinders :cool2:

Not good for diving, but for everything else they're helpful. I keep one tied up in the trunk of my car just in case I get a flat as well

Back
Top Bottom