What did you choose your SB nik...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Way back before dirt I was one of one handful willing to become a newfangled thing; EMT’s to staff a volunteer ambulance encompassing 150 miles based out of the biggest community. Two of us on the team had a phone and the next line of communication was CB radio. I am a redhead and a CB happened to come with the acquisition (read payment of debt) of a British Leyland Rover.
It was a community effort so somebody would pipe in and offer to slog over to so and so’s cabin and see if they were home. The other guy with a phone being more mechanically inclined would get the ex-hearse/ambulance (more likely to get it to start) and I’d head out looking for the location. The homing device would kick in with things like; just before the 3rd cabin Steffles built look for fresh tracks Red’s Rover made in the snow and just follow them in. And so I became redrover.

Hmm last name chapman.. anyone wanna guess how I got the nickname Charlie :)

Only problem is trying to convince people of my gender!!

...no really, I am a female!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom