What did you choose your SB nik...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xiSkiGuy:
A year or so ago I needed a quick screen name to ask one question on a BMW e46 forum. I work in the ski industry and the e46 I drive is a 330xi, so xiSkiGuy. It kinda rhymes. When I signed up for Scubaboard I thought I'd just look up a post or two and never come back (like the e46 forum). So I put no thought into the name and just used the old one. Little did I know I was going to become addicted to this little online get together. I need help. . .

BTW: my Ron Mexico name is Jorge Japan :D :D :D

Jorge Japan. That's the best Ron Mexico name I've ever heard. LOL!!! :D

Some of my buddies have names like Ralph Gudalupe, Vero Nochees etc... A lot of people took it to the extreme and bought Michael Vick Jerseys and had their Ron Mexico name embroidered on the back. Trust me the NFL was not to happy about that :D

scubafan2006:
Why did you choose that scuba Board Name...???

Former follower of the Grateful Dead ... now a diver (or trying to be) ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Some people have a very common name in real life.
I like rum. All kinds. I wish I could laze about on a beach all day and be a bum. It rhymes, so I became the rumbum.
Then after adopting the name I remembered that I have this great picture of me at the Bacardi factory. Some day I will achieve my dream of truly being that lazy girl on the beach with a drink on one side and an empty tank on the other. :palmtree:

scubafan2006:
Why did you choose that scuba Board Name...???
Mine is because I live in VT and I dive....and vtdiver was already taken on AOL when I set up the account years ago......so now you know my email address too.... :icon10:
I sign most posts with a play on an old nickname (seadog) and my name (Chris)
C-Dawg

I used to play Air Warrior III online. I wanted Pappy, but (of course) it was taken. I used Papps instead. I add 953 to the end, because there are other Pappses out there.

Bill

My last name is Gac, and you're hard pressed to find another Gac spelled my way who isn't related to me.

And come on... Gac just sounds cool. You should be jealous of it-- I am. Wait, no I'm not. What was the question? Oh nuts, can you be narced at 700' altitude?

It's the name of one of my dogs, who is named after the Michelin Man, whose real name is Bibendum.

Kept trying different iterations of my name for other boards (Dennis, fairly common)... and the names were usually taken..

Since my wife and I like Country Dancing... started using that name...

For the Nautical / Technical / Scuba / etc.. boards, the name was not common, so it was available.

My Ron Mexico name is Giorgio Bhutan!
My wife's is Leelee Cyprus!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom