What did you choose your SB nik...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine is the Celtic meaning of my first name...now you know my secret, and for that, you must DIE!!! You know...Do It Easy! (Like they username way up above this post!)

I like dolphins and when I started on line at AOL I wanted a dolphin screen name. Most were taken so a came up with (dol)PhinDiver.

Real name.

I had pseudonyms that i used on BBS'es in the late 80s/early 90s but the novelty wore off for me at some point...

For gaming most recently I was "Noam Chomsky" on BFV.

BabyDuck:
ooh! i'm estelle libya!

Screw the name Baby Duck when you could become the magnificent Estelle Libya. Has a ring to it!!!! :D

It's funny when people PM me they always call me Robby they make a nickname for a nickname that's not even mine. LOL!!!! :D

It's my first name. I use it on several boards. I never really got the whole different internet identity thing.

A year or so ago I needed a quick screen name to ask one question on a BMW e46 forum. I work in the ski industry and the e46 I drive is a 330xi, so xiSkiGuy. It kinda rhymes. When I signed up for Scubaboard I thought I'd just look up a post or two and never come back (like the e46 forum). So I put no thought into the name and just used the old one. Little did I know I was going to become addicted to this little online get together. I need help. . .

BTW: my Ron Mexico name is Jorge Japan :D :D :D

I've always been a shark nut and my wife's best friend gave me the nickname 'sharky', which I love, natually, and because there are other sharky's out there I just added the year I was born to it to make give it some uniqueness (is that a word?)

BabyDuck:
ooh! i'm estelle libya!

heyheyHEY!

I kinda didn't like mine - Helga Iraq - until I found out my buddy was Vivian Guam... you must be from the same sleuth girl!

BabyDuck:
ooh! i'm estelle libya!

Nice to meet ya, Estelle. I'm Kurt Namibia!

BTW mine is boring, just first name and last initial with my title (I'm a pharmacist), but after lots of years on the net (got my first email address in 1986), I decided it was time to find something that would help people recognize me on and off the web. I'm like Rick Inman on this - I get lots of interesting responses from folks in dive shops and clubs. Meet some nice folks that way...

'Course, I just might get a Kurt Namibia sock puppet. It has such a nice ring...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom