• Nikon

Votes: 25 10.9%
  • Fuji

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • Kodak

Votes: 6 2.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry.....I didn't set the link correctly. Check the links above now. Thanks for the heads-up.

I bought an Olympus 4000 zoom and the PT-10 housing just before going to Cancun and Cozumel. Read the manual on the airplane. It was my first attempt at underwater photography. I did nine dives with the camera and got some nice shots. With the in-camera flash you need to be at arms length for it to be effective. Didnt have any problems with the camera or the housing. I also did a lot of land photos. This is a very good camera.
Also a nice little gadget I bought is a storage unit called an Image Tank. Its basically a 20 Gig hard drive that stores your photos, and its only about the same size as the camera. I only needed one card for the camera and when the dive was over I would load the images into the Image Tank.

I bought an Olympus 4000 zoom and the PT-10 housing just before going to Cancun and Cozumel. Read the manual on the airplane. It was my first attempt at underwater photography. I did nine dives with the camera and got some nice shots. With the in-camera flash you need to be at arms length for it to be effective. Didnt have any problems with the camera or the housing. I also did a lot of land photos. This is a very good camera.

This is the camera I'm getting...do you have a link to photos taken with it?

Andrea

I dont have a link but the photos turned out great. Unless the water is absolutly clear you will need to use an image processing program such as Photoshop to touch up the photos. There is always some little critters that get in the photos ( backscatter ) that need some touch up. Also, Photoshop will help with any exposure or color problems. Even photos that look way underexposed can be saved. Usually Photoshop or some other image processing program is included with the camera purchase.

Dee, I've got Photoshop Elements now...I love the program! I play with it almost everyday and find new features. I'm still working on the basics, but so far it's a great program. And I agree, in comparison to Microsoft Picture It, Photoshop is much better. Have a good one!

Andrea

Back
Top Bottom