• Nikon

Votes: 25 10.9%
  • Fuji

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • Kodak

Votes: 6 2.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well.. I dont have one! yet.. :(

I am saving up for a digital underwater camera though, but I'm a little confused with which camera to buy.

Any recomendations?

SubZone once bubbled...
well.. I dont have one! yet.. :(

I am saving up for a digital underwater camera though, but I'm a little confused with which camera to buy.

Any recomendations?

Need more info. Where do you dive, what are the conditions, what sort of results do you expect, what's your budget?

Just go back to the beginning of this thread and read what we're using! All of us would recommend what we have. After checking them out, if you have any specific questions, all of us would be happy to answer them for you.

one thing i will say, regardless of which one you go for, is not to buy the cheapest one, as you will upgrade it later, and that normally means a new case as well.

having said that you could get the oly pt 010 housing that works with the 20xx 30xx 40xx series, so you coul pick up a cheap second hand 20xx and then upgrade to the 30xx or 40xx later and keep the same housing :)

I found the Ikelite housing for the Oly c-series at B&H Photo on the web, at an unbelieveable price--479.00!

I could not justify the cost difference between it and the Oly housing when the Ikelite goes to 200 ft.

Your link is requesting me to sign in!

Sorry about that, I am still learning.

Dee, you had once referred me to someone with explicit instructions on manual settings for his Oly 3040. I have lost this info, can you remember who it was? i believe you sent me a link and it was very good information.

Thanks!:)

okiediver1 once bubbled...
Sorry about that, I am still learning.

Dee, you had once referred me to someone with explicit instructions on manual settings for his Oly 3040. I have lost this info, can you remember who it was? i believe you sent me a link and it was very good information.

Thanks!:)

Jeff Farris is the guy who first got me interested in digital and has been very helpful is getting alot of us started...

Oly C-4040 Underwater settings

My first digital camera was a 880 Coolpix, but when my film underwater camera broke I decided to buy a housing for my Coolpix. The only one I could find cost about $800 (more than the camera) but worse than that, the housing covered up the flash so I would have to buy a strobe also which was a few hundred more dollars!!!

So instead I bought a Sony DSC-P1 with underwater housing, and a couple 128 memory sticks for less than the housing for the Coolpix. I find that I like the camera better than the CoolPix, plus it is much smaller and fits in my BC's pocket very easily. Takes good pictures too once you learn how to do it right! LOL

Anyone want a 880 Coolpix???? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom