What Dive Log program is the best?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grouchyturtle

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a rookie and haven't bought all my gear yet. I'm leaning towards the Aladin Air Z or Air Z Nitrox (that way I don't have to upgrade in the future)

Anyway I'm a BIG tech geek and don't want a paper log. It just seems every program I try has some cool features, but other things missing.

Dive Master - doesn't support Uwatec. They say the will by the fall, but who knows. Really lame interface, can't make it full screen on your PC! You can import pictures though which is kind of cool.

Aquadivelog - No desktop version, has a dive profile screen

Ruiz Dive Log - No desktop version. They say it's on it's way, but it's taking forever. The place for your buddy to actually sign it on the palm screen is cool though.

Ideally I'd like one with the dive profile screen, the signature field, with a Palm and desktop version, that will sync to the Aladin. I know I probably won't find one with all these features, but I'm open to any suggestions.

I use the Ruiz log on my Palm 515. I have been completely satisfied so far, but like you would like to see profiles and other more advanced functions. My hope is that the desktop version will include these features (if it ever materializes). Anyway, for a basic log with a nice interface, I tried a number of them and chose the Ruiz log.

Yeah I think that one is my favorite so far. It just stinks that they all have one or two really cool features, but then are missing other things that you really want.

The coolest thing about Ruiz has to be that signature field though. No one else has that, that I've seen.

What I really wish they would do is make those checklists editable too, so you could ad things they left out or make it more detailed.

I found the same thing...so I made my own on Microsoft Excel. Worked for me.

I am looking for a dive log for the palm that both me and my wife can use? Do any of the above programs supports multiple dive logs?

-Lance

Just bought the Sea Wolff dive Log Program. It is very powerful (Microsoft Access based it appears), but it is also a bit complicated and cumbersome to use. I need to spend a bit more time on it to get over my learning curve.

Calculating your pressure group automatically would be nice. Sea Wolff, gives you space to enter the pressure group, but you have to figure out your group for yourself. It does link to Table Tutor software (which I have) so you can determine the group.

I think a big help would be a discussion group on Sea Wolff software (if there are enough people using it), or maybe a section here on the ScubaBoard for computer logging software. Sea Wolff has a goup on their site, but nobody has posted since 2001.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom