What do you do for a living?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally Posted by CBulla
I thought that your job was sadistic incoming processing officer with elbow length latex gloves......
I probe orifices for a living too... :11:
If you're over 50 and haven't had a colonoscopy yet, come see me! :b_cowboy:

Retired from police department to spend more time with family, teach because wife and kids got TOO much time with me....

capybara:
I probe orifices for a living too... :11:
If you're over 50 and haven't had a colonoscopy yet, come see me! :b_cowboy:

You guys need better PR. I worried about mine for like 3 years, then when I actually went, the doc put some sort of magic happy juice in the IV, wheeled me in to the little room, showed me a picure of my insides on a monitor and then said "you're all set".

It was all very anit-climactic, compared to all the worrying. All things considered, it was a great deal all the way around. I got time off from work, a little happy juice, got to see what nobody had seen before, and a clean bill of health. :cool:

For all you divers that are putting off going, don't!

It's like getting your regs serviced. You want to have someone find and fix of any problems while they're still insignificant, instead of ignoring them and having an "Oh *****!" moment at 100 ft.

Terry

Nalidixic:
Hey All,
So, we all hear from our friends that want to get into diving, "Oh, I can't, it is just way to expensive." And lets be honest, diving does get expensive especially when its not local diving or you are into cold water diving! So, what do you do for a living to pay for all the fun that we have? I personally am a building contracter/carpenter. I'm curious to see what kind of responses we can get from some of you ;P

Nali
Going to Sc next weekend enjoy the wrecks

Did Larry David REALLY star in that??

BUGG

Mark Vlahos:
Stage Hand.

I work as the Head Electrician (Lighting) on the touring companies of major Broadway musicals. Just finished 2 1/2 years on "The Producers, The New Mel Brooks Musical".

Mark Vlahos

Emergency room RN

I manage a warehouse and its really fricken boring. Good news is that I am chucking it all away soon to become a full time Scuba Instructor.

Means a $10K pay drop plus losing the company vehicle but its worth it.

Have been a Dairy Farmer, Dry stock Farmer, Fencing Contractor, Council Worker, Soldier (longest job ever), Military Instructor, Long Distance Truck Driver, Low-Loader Driver, Driller in the Aussie Outback, Excavator Operator, Despatcher, Sales Rep, Contracts Manager, Web Designer and consultant...
Im sure there is a few more but cant remember them all.

I like to get around and experience life...

More IT geekery...I write code for a large blue multi-national computer company. When I'm not doing that, I'm plotting out how to fake my own death to get out of writing code for a large blue multi-national computer company :wink:

My wife and I also own a promotional products and custom printing company - www.message-gear.com - we can print on anything from Tshirts to zippered coconuts...

David

I'm just your friendly neighborhood freight broker/account manager/salesman for a great big giant third party logistics corporation. Please, don't all jump up at once to ask me how you too can lead such and illustrious and exciting career.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom