What do you think about this Video?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought it was pretty good. I thought that was the spring run at Ginnie :) Cool way to end it. My only meaningful feeback would be on the valve drill:
- Clip off the primary when you do your first switch
- Switch back to primary once the post is back on
- Just purge the back-up when you shut down the left post.
Reasons being, you want the primary clipped off when its out of your mouth (for obvious reasons) and you would likely not be breathing on your back-up when you shut it down and switching back to your primary. Other observations on that drill are that your head was down and you were drifting a bit. That probably had to do w/ the spring run, but it was noticable.

That's all I got. Pretty cool vid overall. You are a brave man for posting that video and asking for feedback from this group :)

Video quality is poor... but the techniques looked mastered. What will you do with this video?

I thought it looked pretty good. What I wouldn't give to have legs as buoyant as yours are! Mine sink like a rock whenever I stop finning.

Nice vid. Just nitpicking but you might want to do the skills with your light in your hand (since that's how you'll be diving :wink: ).

tfsails, it's not about buoyant legs (I'm a sinker also). The drysuit helps but it is largely a function of the overally balance of his equipment and proper body position (knees bent, arms out front). Lots of theads on this.

PLEASE...

Come and dive one of the wrecks we did this weekend. I'll set up a nice section of sand for you right near the aft section of the Proteus at about 120 FT, add a few wind waves, ground swell, bottom current, fish, sharks, various other sea life, other divers and then I'll shoot the video for you as you do the same skills in the same frame space.

RU game? :D

GOOD demonstation of skills, none the less.

How many takes?

Thanks for all the input, I made this video for my friends who never experience beyond Openwater diving. and just wanted to know other's opinions.

Thanks again,

Daehag.

Being a new diver I look for these video's to help my further studies and for advancing info so I have an idea of technics I will need to learn and so forth. The video seemed a little dark and would have been nicer to see you up closer during the switching drills. Great video and thanks for posting it. How long have you been diving doubles? and if you don't mind could you respond with a list of your gear used in this video.

Thanks keep up the good work!

P.S. I can't be critical of something I have never done, but only envious!

Being a new diver I look for these video's to help my further studies and for advancing info so I have an idea of technics I will need to learn and so forth. The video seemed a little dark and would have been nicer to see you up closer during the switching drills. Great video and thanks for posting it. How long have you been diving doubles? and if you don't mind could you respond with a list of your gear used in this video.

Thanks keep up the good work!

P.S. I can't be critical of something I have never done, but only envious!

You're welcome,

I'm 5'8, 175lbs. using Worthington LP 108s with Al Backplate. H's 55# wing. XL SP Jet fin. 2 Apeks DS4 with XTX50 regs. DUI CLX450, 300 Fleece underwear with 2 more thin layer for moisture control. 1 AL 80 stage bottle with DIY strap.

and I've been using double for more than 600 dives in Fresh water, Ocean and Caves.

Thanks for your opinion for the video.

Daehag.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom