What do you think about this Video?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good video, my only suggestion would be to show close ups of the critical attributes of each skill. If I'm trying to learn a new skill I need to see how it's done; as well as, seeing how it looks when it's done properly.

It would also depend on the target audience/purpose for your video. For example, I have never used doubles so after watching the video I have vague idea about what the steps are to perform a valve drill but could not say exactly everything you did even when I saw you do it. Close ups would probably eliminate this. Maybe even type the steps while showing the skill being performed in a close up.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Again!

I am thinking of going doubles this winter, practice in the pool over the winter. The Apex DS4 seems to be what I have seen being used and widely recommended. I like the Apex TXT200, bit costly but I see the XTX50 are still good and a reasonable price. I have seen the new Holis line at my LDS but I think I will stick with OMS, SS BP/W and tanks I am thinking about S 119 HP. I pretty much have everything else. Gonna cost a bit so please don't tell the wife...lol....

Good luck and show us some more video!

Good video, my only suggestion would be to show close ups of the critical attributes of each skill. If I'm trying to learn a new skill I need to see how it's done; as well as, seeing how it looks when it's done properly.

It would also depend on the target audience/purpose for your video. For example, I have never used doubles so after watching the video I have vague idea about what the steps are to perform a valve drill but could not say exactly everything you did even when I saw you do it. Close ups would probably eliminate this. Maybe even type the steps while showing the skill being performed in a close up.

Hope this helps.

What a good advice!, Thanks. I need to learn more, I mean a lot.

Daehag.

That's what I do for a living so feel free to ask. I also teach Video and TV Production and Directing in College.

Wys

That's what I do for a living so feel free to ask. I also teach Video and TV Production and Directing in College.

Wys
Wow two great sources of information in one thread, amazing.

Hi Viz

Ok here's a question, I made a video camera housing out of Pvc pipe, It works well, have to keep the camera running for each dive but I don't mind. Partly the reason for the doubles is I am leaning into getting some great video myself and want more time below. Can you give me a direction on what type of lighting I need to use. I have a cannister light, but seems to bright at times for different locations and really can't be dimmed. I havent tried back lighting on the camera settings or anything like that. Can you use a macro flash style lens? Any advice you give me would be greatly appreciated.

Check out this video you'll understand what Imean about lighting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br1NkcmAN7Y

Thanks a bunch!

Thanks for sharing the video.

Ok here's a question, I made a video camera housing out of Pvc pipe, Can you give me a direction on what type of lighting I need to use. I have a cannister light, but seems to bright at times for different locations and really can't be dimmed. I havent tried back lighting on the camera settings or anything like that. Can you use a macro flash style lens? Any advice you give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!

Well, lighting above water is tough enough that people dedicate their entire life to doing so and I really appreciate them... underwater is that much more difficult.
From what I have experimented with I have come up with 3 suggestions to improve underwater video:

1. Is the ability of the camera to work in low light conditions. The new HDV cameras do a great job at this.

2. A reliable source for manual white balancing.

3. Learning to use filters.

This is probably not what you were hoping to hear, I know:D Most dive lights would give you hot spots and that's terrible. You can try 2 video lights of about 90-100w and aim one at your subject and one at your background.
I'm not sure I understand the rest of your question.

Wys.

Thats great, I was thinking on a lens used on an underwater camera macro flash, to soften the light make it not so direct to one spot but more open. I will play a bit just means more divesand thats not so bad. I understand what you are saying. Thanks for the tips and info.

Back
Top Bottom