What do you think of cave/cavern diving?

What do you think of cave/cavern diving?

• Too dark, too dangerous, no way.

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Why would you dive to look at rocks and mud?

Votes: 23 13.2%
  • I'd do caverns, but not full cave penetration.

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • It is challenging and exciting.

Votes: 77 44.3%
  • I am only happy when wedged in a deep dark hole.

Votes: 27 15.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I made my first overhead dive in a cenote and was immediately hooked. It was the most incredible dive I have ever done in my life. I wanted more, more, more! I finally was able to take my cavern class a few weeks ago. Now I have a lot of new skills to practice on before moving to the next stage of cave diving.

This is certainly not a cheap way to dive!

Just let me know when you have something together and I will try and be there. That would be a great trip.

I spent a couple of months sorting out my sidemount rig, but still diving the rebreather a lot.

High Springs ends up being a 7 hour drive, so I only make it there a few times a year, but with Indian being closer, I might be up for that.

I've got friends in Tallahassee and down near Wakulla - We should get together and do some dives down there.

b.

Unfortunatly people dont heed the warning of dont go too far too fast. Once you break one rule its easier to break more. Most of the accidents are human error and not the cave. I am big on dive planning now. Had a close call earlier this year ant wasnt for preparation I would not be here.

this is a good read:
Deep Horizon - Steve Gerrard Cave Diving Training and Guiding

Seems like a lot of fatalities attributable solely to inadequate preparation, training or diver error rather than a function of the cave environment.

Unfortunatly people dont heed the warning of dont go too far too fast. Once you break one rule its easier to break more. Most of the accidents are human error and not the cave. I am big on dive planning now. Had a close call earlier this year ant wasnt for preparation I would not be here.

You are absolutely right. Some people underestimate the situation, don't prepare themselves properly and don't listen to those who have experience.

And watch out for falling rocks!:D

This is true :D Still cant believe my partner that day just watched it come down and bonk me in the head.. ( Sorry Rita :D )

And watch out for falling rocks!:D

This is true :D Still cant believe my partner that day just watched it come down and bonk me in the head.. ( Sorry Rita :D )

Well, what else was I supposed to do? :D My thought process at the time went a little like, "Look, a rock!" LOL

Plus, I was laughing at the time :D

Well, what else was I supposed to do? :D My thought process at the time went a little like, "Look, a rock!" LOL

Think it knocked any sense into him? :rofl3:

Sorry, I couln't resist...

Well the answer is still NO.. Did not help not one bit :D

Think it knocked any sense into him? :rofl3:

Sorry, I couln't resist...

Back
Top Bottom