Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Back inflation BC only

Votes: 32 34.8%
  • Drysuit only no BC

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use my lungs for buoyancy, my drysuit to stay dry, my BC to hold the tank on my back, my fins for kicking, and my snorkel to fill my pocket and meet standards when in the water with students. Sometimes I use a mask as well--to keep my eyes dry.

I use Scubaboard for entertainment--and hope I gave you some.

theskull

Boogie711:
Dynamic instability. I use my BC for its intended purpose, and my drysuit for it's intended purpose. I try to avoid substituting "easy" for "skills." :wink:
Man, I knew you were good. The air that is in *your* suit (and there is air in there - no matter the squeeze) must behave differently if you aren't intentionally using it for bouyancy... :eyebrow:

Boogie711:
Dynamic instability. I use my BC for its intended purpose, and my drysuit for it's intended purpose. I try to avoid substituting "easy" for "skills." :wink:

Just riding on you Deb. It's much easier to maintain proper trim and bouyancy when you're not riding a giant bubble in your suit. I never understood why PADI and the others teach you to use your drysuit for bouyancy underwater - their excuse is that it reduces taskloading. I maintain if you can't taskload one inflator on a wing and one on a drysuit, you shouldn't be in the water.

Acutally, I think the above poster, scubadobadoo said it quite well. If we don't have much weight, it's NOT a big bubble of air. Again, back to my comment on the folks that never quite got used to their drysuits. If you learn your boyancy correctly from the beginning, it's much easier.

I could see the weight/bubble being a thing if you had a lot of weight on you, but I like to dive pretty light. If I'm going to "task load", I'll do it with camera equipment! I guess that interests me more than the other tech stuff. :wink:

debdiver:
I could see the weight/bubble being a thing if you had a lot of weight on you, but I like to dive pretty light. If I'm going to "task load", I'll do it with camera equipment! I guess that interests me more than the other tech stuff. :wink:

Again Deb - who said ANYTHING about "Tech Stuff?" I'm talking basic competencies in the water.

And GJ62 - I have no idea what you're getting at. I'm merely referring to dynamic instability. I prefer to keep my bouyancy centred over my centre of gravity, not in my arms/chest/feet/legs/and back again.

Boogie711:
And GJ62 - I have no idea what you're getting at. I'm merely referring to dynamic instability. I prefer to keep my bouyancy centred over my centre of gravity, not in my arms/chest/feet/legs/and back again.
My point was that when you wear a drysuit, there is some ambient air in it at all times (regardless of how much suit squeeze you have) - whether you are consciously using that air for bouyancy (because all ambient air is bouyant, or else BCs wouldn't work), or not.

Last week to vote on this poll, I see when someone votes it is not the same as commenting. Votes don't keep it a current topic.

I use air personally...those bricks just don't work anymore...

:11:

~Matt Segal

Boogie711:
IMHO - there is no such thing as owning a "nice OMS BP & W setup."

"Nice" and "OMS" are mutually exclusive.

I'm glad you stated this as your opinion, because it is definately not true for everyone. I own a very nice OMS BP & W, with bungies too. I've also owned other equipment made by OMS & found it all to be top quality.

Back
Top Bottom