What do you wear under your drysuit and undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Commando diver. It’s a thing.

I’m not nuts about the compression of everything on my nethers. Luckily my base layer is long underwear for all intents and purposes.

I hate wedgies. I get wedgies if I don't wear undies, even with leggings. A wedgie while diving would be very unpleasant! :wink:

Commando diver
Given that most divers I meet are well past their physical prime: Pass the brain bleach, please.

Are some of you guys actually not wearing any type of underwear (boxers/briefs)? :wink:

For us gals, I’ve most often seen sports bras and some sort of workout leggings for the bottom bottom layer. Since I prefer to wear some sort of undies on my bottom half, I’ve found the wicking travel undies work very well. I generally get my stuff from REI.

I recently got an REI house brand merino wool top and bottoms to go under MK2 fleece undergarment. I’ll try those once topside temps cool down some.

When it's cold, I wear something like the REI wool top/bottoms under my undergarment. When it's warmer, I wear Under Armor wicking top/bottoms, which doesn't provide insulation, just wicking.

Are some of you guys actually not wearing any type of underwear (boxers/briefs)? :wink:
Not me.

The only thing next to my skin which isn't wool under those conditions is my boxer briefs. Because my cojones itch too much with wool boxers. So I'm using a pair of viscose boxer briefs (because I won't wear cotton, not even cotton boxers if I'm going to be damp and/or cold)
Wool + family jewels = itch. In a rather inappropriate place. Inappropriate both in public and underwater in a drysuit. So not just "no", but "heck, no!" I've tried wool boxer briefs. Even I won't recommend those.

Santi190 + tech undergarments (running) in winter: water at 13°C or less.
Santi190 alone in the mid season: water around 16°C
Beuchant heatskin (90gr. or so equivalent) during the summer: water 18°C or more.

I use the drysuit the whole year (when not travelling) because where I dive we have the thermocline and the water tempeture drops suddenly.

What I refer to as "undies" would be quaintly described as "unmentionables." :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom