• Swimsuit / bikini / bathing shorts

Votes: 170 75.2%
  • Special diving undergarments

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • I'll never tell

Votes: 6 2.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's not a bad price at all. $80 is only about twice the cost of my wetsuit.

I'll have to check with LDS. They don't seem to keep much in stock - how easy is it to order a size to fit by catalog?

As for sunburn while walking around topside wearing the wetsuit down around your waist - isn't that why we have dive T shirts?? :wink:

That was a helluva deal you got on your wet suit!

As for using t-shirts, when they get wet, they get cold and stay wet for a while. The skins have a wicking away action that draws the moisture away from your body, dry quickly, and their long sleeves protect arms from sunburn as well.

I'm not a skin sales person, I just happen to like mine.

...should have mentioned the wetsuit's a 3 and 2mil shorty. Someday I'll also get a 4 or 5 mil long one.

Still, $44 brand new can't be all that bad for the suit. Serves its purpose.

Free,

The water's that warm up where you are? I'm surprised.

I was out and about the first weekend of May, and it was reportedly about 43°F (shallow protected bay, and not deeper than 10 feet or so. Hey, I'm brave, but not stoopid)

Since then it's warmed considerably.

I was down in Pennsylvania the second weekend in May, crewing in dinghy sailing races. After we capsized and went ashore to fix the rudder (and the skipper was too fatigued from trying to get back in the boat after the capsize, ...but that's another story) with nothing else to do, I grabbed my fins and headed back out. They thought I was nuts. I explained, 60°F is downright balmy compared to 43°........

Two weekends ago locally it was up around 48-50. It's bound to be warmer than that now. I stuck a hand in the water this afternoon and think it's quite tolerable. I'm planning to go dunk my son on Sunday - air temp is supposed to hit 80° this weekend, sounds like time for some capsize drills (hehehe)

It depeds on what I'm going to be doing after. Sometimes I wear board shorts, sometimes I go commando and sometimes I wear a skin.

I like wearing the board shorts but they do bunch up sometimes. I've never been a fan of speedos, if I don't wear underwear normally, why compress it then? LOL

I wear my bathing suit under the wetsuit. Especially since I have been borrowing wetsuits until I get my own and I've heard some stories about what people do in rented wetsuits!!! :hmmm:

Wearing a pair of nylon bicyle shorts from "performance -bike" comes in handy. They dry fast and are very comfortable.

I also half to say that when one wears a pair under a well fitting wetsuit that they don't bunch up and are very form fitting.

I like it.:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom