What do you wear under your wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We had an old guy (60ish, my age) on the boat with us in Roatan. He wore just a speedo on the boat and liked to do his stretching in front of young females who would get up and move. My sons and I were falling out of our seats laughing. Same thing every day.

I just wear a bathing suit and put up with the bunching.

Female opinion: It is a real problem for guys and wetsuits. Can't imagine wearing board shorts but see it all the time on the dive boat. I like the shorter boxer/brief type. The speedo bikinis make us scream eeeewwwww!!!

Board shorts and a rash guard for me.
they don't bunch if you pull them down before you put the top half of wetsuit on. At least for me they don't.

Speedo.

oneill skins

Basketball shorts, they're fairly comfortable, don't bunch up that much, and are perfectly acceptable for wearing around the boat.

Granted, some bodies are not shaped well for Speedo suits, or compression shorts. But they don't bunch, they do dry relatively well, and provide some cover when transitioning from suit to dry clothes. So, for me Under Armour compression shorts or equivalent or; a dive skin, still with something underneath.

I wear the mid thigh Speedo like the one shown in the picture. They dry super fast and are relatively modest. I'm not too sensitive about someone looking at my junk, I'm just there for the diving...

Under Armor w/ students / paying clients. Solo UDT shorts if no wetsuit, nada if wetsuit.

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom