What does scuba diving mean to you ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ah ha - so scuba is a journey !

(well it sounds good)

...i can take my life down to just one breath
...just one heartbeat
...just one minute more
...just what counts!
have fun
yaeg

For me it means diving with my best friend of 25 yrs who has early onset Parkinson's. I help him put the gear on and we get to dive as equals. It makes me feel good to to see him doing some of the things we used to do together.

sent via nookcolor N2A.

STRESS RELIEF plan and simple. When I'm in the drink all my issues that I must face everyday fade away.

Scuba is a mixture of a bunch of things that reliably hold my interest . . . wild animal life; color and beauty; grace, which just as Bob wrote, escapes me in daily life; and a technical challenge of something I can never be "good enough" at.

Are you really going to ask this group a students anything in a year?
04.gif

RonFrank
Yes I am as I have it marked on my calender along with their email addresses.:D
The thing I have learned from asking this question is that well all feel strong about scuba diving and the only difference is the way we say it .
thank you to everyone for posting.

Matt

A return to my youth? That's still a question because I'm still just getting re-certified after 40+ years away from scuba.
Can I recapture how I was at 16? Maybe not. But I won't know how much better or worse it'll be unless I try. My OW dives are next month and then in January I'm returning to Freeport where all started in 1968. It should be quite the reunion.

Cheers!

It's the same feeling as sitting in a old-growth forest and just listening to it for a while. Being in a place where the ecosystem has not been totally ravaged to suit a single species. And the diving experience is more dear because the visit must be ended all too soon.

To commune with the fish and aquatic life. To share in the wonder of a different world. To experience sensation of weightlessness without going to space. To share laughter and joy with both friends and strangers. To simply have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom