What does the R in DIR stand for?

What does the R in DIR stand for?

• Right

Votes: 34 45.3%
  • Righteous

Votes: 41 54.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you (guys) finished yet??:1st:

Amanda once bubbled...

Makes you feel good, huh ? I love it too (from a man, of course... :wink: )

Amanda! I thought we had a nice "weather" thing going on :confused:

Geez, I go home and look what happened! And with a Cave Diver no less =-) :bonk:

Fickle woman. Shame :(

MechDiver once bubbled...

Amanda! I thought we had a nice "weather" thing going on :confused:

Geez, I go home and look what happened! And with a Cave Diver no less =-) :bonk:

Fickle woman. Shame :(

Divers may do it deeper, but Cave Divers are trained for penetration...

At long last the mystery of the "R" is revealed.

ROMANCE

Love Is In The Gas..... eerrrr, I meant - Air.

I just want to thank the guy who started this post. I had seen "DIR" in several posts but never knew what the initials stood for, and frankly, was to embarrassed to ask!

Now that I know what it stands for, what does DIR mean? I know that this maybe a niave question, but after reading some of the responses to this post, it sounds like there is more to it than just the obvious meaning? (that being diving like you were trained to)

chris3536 once bubbled...
I just want to thank the guy who started this post. I had seen "DIR" in several posts but never knew what the initials stood for, and frankly, was to embarrassed to ask!

Now that I know what it stands for, what does DIR mean? I know that this maybe a niave question, but after reading some of the responses to this post, it sounds like there is more to it than just the obvious meaning? (that being diving like you were trained to)

Hi Chris,

First of all, don't ever feel like you can't ask a question here. Any time.

DIR is an approach to diving that encompasses many different factors. Team, skills, equipment, planning, just to touch the surface. You can do a search and find volumes of discussion on DIR on this board. A good place to start on the 'net would be here:

www.gue.com

www.fifthd.com

If you want to know more after looking at those links, let me know and I'll find some of the threads with many more links.

Dive safe,

Jack

Chris--
I can one up Detroit Diver.
Head up to Grand Rapids, Michigan the weekend of May 30th--check out DIR Fundamentals class first hand.

Decide for yourself!

Class: GUE's DIR Fundamentals
When: May 30, 31 June 1
Where: Grand Rapids, MI
Instructors: Mike Kane and Andrew G.
Contact me for details.

Also, for any in the area interested

Hyperbaric Chamber Tour and Lecture
Spectrum Hospital, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Thursday, March 20
6:30 p.m. to 9:00
Space is limited. Advanced sign up recommended.

Back
Top Bottom