What doo you do with your car keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swap keys with dive buddy and hide in car. That way, when the thief finds them, they still don't open the car they found them on.

And when I'm driving the seven, I leave the keys in the ignition, but drop the fuel map to nothing, and throw the computer controller in the boot box. If anyone can develop a fuelling map for my car in time to be able to steal it... good luck to them - it's insured anyway.

Mike

Originally posted by Se7en
And when I'm driving the seven, I leave the keys in the ignition, but drop the fuel map to nothing, and throw the computer controller in the boot box. If anyone can develop a fuelling map for my car in time to be able to steal it... good luck to them - it's insured anyway.

Mike

OK, you've got my attention. Just WHAT does the above mean in laymans terms?

And what is a "seven"?

and then you don't need to lock your car! I use the train anyway but my instructor never locks the car - in fact we even wander off for lunch leaving everything laying around to dry......

One time (at band camp) we were driving along after our day of diving and he asked me if I minded if he made a detour. We went back to the dive site and fished his video camera out of the rinse bin, some 3 hours later!

Where else will that be possible?!

Jonathan

Originally posted by dc4bs

OK, you've got my attention. Just WHAT does the above mean in laymans terms?

And what is a "seven"?

Sounds like he has a "chipped" RX-7...meaning an aftermarket computer chip that has new settings for controling fuel/air mixtures. With the right hardware, one can change the fuel mixture on the fly -- he brings it down to zero, so the car probably doesn't even start.

Of course, I could be completely wrong. :)

Either under the rear bumper or in the truck box full of water and other dive gear (tanks).

Its all insured and if truck is gone when I come up-- well I get to go shopping for a shiny new truck on somebody elses nickle (maybe a few of mine)

When I shore dive, I lock my keys in my car on purpose. When I want to unlock the door I go to the nearby pay phone (or borrow a cellphone) and call "Onstar". I give them my password and they send a signal that unlocks my car.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom