What equipment significantly changed/improved your scuba diving experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Back plate and wing.. and soon to be Drysuit. When I get cold in the water, after so long of being cold, I literally can't think straight. I'll be ordering a dry suit very soon, and so far the experience I've had diving one has made a world of difference.

I was diving a back inflate BCD, and I got BP &W for my birthday. All the clutter and whatnot from my old BC is gone. What a nice change. I didn't need all the extra stuff (pockets, d-rings, etc), especially since I'm headed down the technical [-]tunnel[/-] drain hole. :)

:gas: fixed it for ya, before some one flames you bad! :wink:

Seriously, even my gf, who has no designs what-so-ever for tech, has decided the plate, harness and wing just fit her needs so much better, and give her better control of her body in the water.

I dont own tanks yet, plan on getting a pair in the spring, are steels that much better to dive with??

I think so. They take a lot of weight out of my pockets, making me feel less bulky, and improves the quality of my dive. Lots of pros and cons to both though, so try looking through the forums on here or search to see some other opinions.

For me, BP/W, and switching from split fins to a decent pair of paddle fins. Can't wait to get my dry suit being a MN diver, but that's a purchase I need to save for!!! :)

Seriously, even my gf, who has no designs what-so-ever for tech, has decided the plate, harness and wing just fit her needs so much better, and give her better control of her body in the water.

I'd agree it does fit better. That's why it's a favorite, and a piece of equipment that has changed diving for me.

O2 hands down

at 1 atm as the mainstay for the "Save a Diver" kit
or as a precursor, and between or after strenuous dives

at 1 atm, and well below 2 atm for deco

as a recycled breathing medium so as not to incur deco
after extended dives above 1atm, and well below 2 atm

The ability of extended dives in the more than 2 atm but less
than 3 atm range due to the of adding by basic method of N2

Whistling as you walk without having to lug that million pounds of stuff.

I thought that adding buoyancy control, a submersible pressure gage and an alternate reg to our rigs were all dam pleasant changes. Of course dry suits, BP/W and even the bungeed short hose alternate which all are more recent are pretty neat too.

Had to laugh at that one Jim, I feel the exact opposite. It was liberating to get rid of all that stuff and dive the way Mike and Jacque intended us to, just you and the dive lung. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom