What exactly is the purpose of low and hi pressure ports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

great perfomance, mid-range price, easily serviced

DS4 first stage with TX40 & TX20 primary and secondary second stages.

DST fist stage with TX 50 or TX 40 for deco & stage bottles

DS4 is a dry sealed non-swivel reg of compact size and superior performance.

DST is a dry seaaled swivel turrent reg of the same performance and only slighty larger.

These regs can be bought online for <$$$
I have four and plan on more....

They are distributed by aqualung - I think, right? Can't remember for sure
Most divers in my area use sherwood or oceanic, the next favorite is scubapro.
One of the best things I like about the scubapro is the lifetime warranty, besides the breathing characteristics.

I am also considering purchasing a Halcyon Pioneer backplate/wing setup over the next six months.:thumb:

I took my girlfriend to the keys for vacation last year and she won't dive in the :rolleyes: cold,dark:rolleyes: quarry with me anymore, so I told her I would buy her a drysuit too. DUI of course ($800.00)

Joe

Apeks also offers free parts as long as the reg is serviced annually. They are distributed by SeaQuest/Aqualung.

I just have throw in my 0.02 on Apeks.

I am the proud owner of a TX40/TX20 combo. (Hmmm, maybe I should get them wet before I go too far..eh!)

All of the regs that I have researched have either 4 LP and 2 HP or 5/1. What is the advantage to having 2HP ports if only 1 is used for the SPG?

Does anyone use a backup SPG while using an air integrated computer? Or is the second port there to provide more flexibility in positioning of hoses?

Any thoughts?

THe answer to your question is "Yes". It is for either contingency.

The two HP ports are either for redundancy or flexibility. I have a couple of friends who use hoseless air-integrated computers and still sometimes mount a hosed SPG, so they have redundant information.

Myself, in my recreational setup, I use a small Tritium SPG with a short hose, mounted on the right side instead of the "traditional" left, and routed over my shoulder, so I can just glance to the right and see my gauge.

That answers a question that I am sure has crossed the mind of everyone researching regs.

I like the idea of having 2 HP ports, seems more flexible.

Monster: Do you have the short hose bungeed or clipped to a ring on your right shoulder? It seems that the SPG would float around alot out of view if not.

Scubadent,

I use a simple plastic hose clip attached to the shoulder D-ring on my SeaQuest Balance. It keeps the SPG face close to my body so it doesn't swing around or drag, but still in plain enough view.

Most of my friends who have similarly tiny SPGs like rigging it by bungee onto their inflator hoses, so they mount them on the left HP port. I just find that too clunky. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom