What gear was under your tree?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A couple video lights, clamps, flex arms and camera tray.
Santa must have skipped a page on the naughty list 😝

I got this :

Konfūcijs.jpg

That must be why I do not practice Confucianism and that the only thing invented in China in 2,000 years was black powder.

A crowd funding payment for two vdh DSV units hopefully for the coming summer season.

N

It seems no matter how much I think I am done with acquiring gear, there is always something I need (want).

Mrs. Santa indulged me this year with a DIN conversion kit for my Apeks DS4 and a pair of toasty Bare 7mm 3 finger gloves.

You?

A new line cutter and a new O2 analyzer.

R..

A set of "Apeks" RK3 fins. Took them in the pool yesterday, I like them. More comfortable than jets, slightly negative in fresh water, I'd imagine pretty close to neutral in salt, nice angled fin straps, nice pull tab, not quite as stiff. I was wearing some size 7 US, they run small, 4th Element wetsuit boots and the Medium RK3 was a good fit. I'm a 6.5US. when I get back to Japan I'll post some side by side photos with Power Planas, F2 and F1s for size comparison if anyone's interested.

Last edited:
a swivel for each of my 2 reg sets

This year under the tree I had a Mako Predator Pro.

I did treat myself this year though and picked up: 2x Faber HP117's, a Mares Flexa 5/4/3 wetsuit, a backup dive light, and some misc odds and ends!

My wonderful wife surprised me with a ....

The phrase above is a generic one I struggle with.

I own a lot of gear, but I am always ready to buy more. I also have a wonderful wife who would love to surprise me with a wonderful scuba gift or two. She is a non-diver, though. How can she do that? How can she possibly surprise me with a gift? She does not really know or understand what I currently own, and she would in no way be able to buy something I would really want, especially in terms of brands and models, without flat out asking me to do pretty much everything but wrap it up and put it under the tree. Somehow that just doesn't seem right.

Is anyone else in that situation, and, if so, how do you handle it?

I usually end up ordering what I want/need so christmas comes year round for me however I have done the here it is click order and you can put it under the tree. It isnt much of a surprise but it is nice to know she was thinking about me enough to ask.

The phrase above is a generic one I struggle with.

I own a lot of gear, but I am always ready to buy more. I also have a wonderful wife who would love to surprise me with a wonderful scuba gift or two. She is a non-diver, though. How can she do that? How can she possibly surprise me with a gift? She does not really know or understand what I currently own, and she would in no way be able to buy something I would really want, especially in terms of brands and models, without flat out asking me to do pretty much everything but wrap it up and put it under the tree. Somehow that just doesn't seem right.

Is anyone else in that situation, and, if so, how do you handle it?

After 43 years of marriage we have found that it is much better for both of us if we jointly acquire gifts for each other, or just get our own and inform the other of what they are giving. LOL No use going through the expense and aggravation of getting the wrong thing. Surprises are over rated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom