What gear was under your tree?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a santi bz400, an ali 80 with stage rigging kit, and some new to me halcyon stage regs

---------- Post added January 6th, 2016 at 12:53 PM ----------

The phrase above is a generic one I struggle with.

I own a lot of gear, but I am always ready to buy more. I also have a wonderful wife who would love to surprise me with a wonderful scuba gift or two. She is a non-diver, though. How can she do that? How can she possibly surprise me with a gift? She does not really know or understand what I currently own, and she would in no way be able to buy something I would really want, especially in terms of brands and models, without flat out asking me to do pretty much everything but wrap it up and put it under the tree. Somehow that just doesn't seem right.

Is anyone else in that situation, and, if so, how do you handle it?
a monetary gift to buy what you want

My wife and I gave each other drysuits. Actually, we had ordered them back in June. Long story. I am telling myself Santi's, er, I mean Santa's elves were busy making them in their workshop at the North Pole.

Another year, another Christmas :)

Red aluminum Hog backplate and a Light Monkey harness kit, courtesy of the Black Friday sale at DRIS.

Two suunto novo wrist dive computers for me and daughter, off the one day sale online. The element of surprise gets sacrificed for shopping around for best price on gear at holidays.
But since the classes don't get discounted, my hubbie can surprise the three of us with any new class he likes!

A new mesh gear bag and a mask bag for my next trip to Cozumel in March.

In previous years I have received a new Aqualung Titan LX regulator, and an Oceanic Excursion BC.

My LDS has a wish list. I just go in, make a note on what I would like, and then Santa has a good idea on what to get.

Divegoose

A Cootwo analyzer. I read too many threads about CO in tanks.

I must have been good last year, Santa brought me a wetsuit, a hooded vest, booties, gloves, and a dome port for my Nauticam housing. I've already had the chance to try them all. I have a great wife :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom