What happened to the SoCal forum?!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, now that the Sargassum is gone Catalina diving has been pretty good. I feel sorry for all you mainlanders contending with swell, surf and red tides.

Dove Santa Cruz Island (4 dives) Sat with the Roddenberry Dive Team. Although the plankton was thick and green, there was plenty to see and film.

Red Tide is almost gone. Dived the Palawan Sunday morning and spent the afternoon watching whales feed on Krill... Also, got to see whale poop!

Dwayne

Well, my lovely bride and I are shooting for a Sunday visit to San Diego's Coronados.

I just went out this Saturday 5 JUN 10 to Catalina, and the first two dives at Lionhead Rock & Indian Rock were just OK, but the third dive was at Bird Rock and it was as awesome as a SoCal dive can get. Viz was about 40+, water was about 60-F, no surge, no current, no nothing. The kelp forest stood straight up. It was so beautiful that I nearly wept when I realized that this is my last Catalina dive for quite some times.

This Friday is going to be Anacapa day and then I'm off to the Idahoan lakes.

I just went out this Saturday 5 JUN 10 to Catalina, and the first two dives at Lionhead Rock & Indian Rock were just OK, but the third dive was at Bird Rock and it was as awesome as a SoCal dive can get. Viz was about 40+, water was about 60-F, no surge, no current, no nothing. The kelp forest stood straight up. It was so beautiful that I nearly wept when I realized that this is my last Catalina dive for quite some times.

This Friday is going to be Anacapa day and then I'm off to the Idahoan lakes.

Dove Bird Rock once and had the same experience. The water was rough and couple divers were NOT feeling well. Capt decided he better make for calmer waters (and less spectacular) dive sites. :(

Bird rock yesterday , 30/40 foot viz, light surge, 63f to about 50ft, mid 50's below that .. wonderful bunch of dives there

yeah, it seems this forum has been rather dead for about a year. I have tried starting some threads, hoping to get things going, but it hasn't worked. Must be the California depression...

we are still hoping to make a 2-3 day run out to dive sometime late summer/early fall. Not sure where this year. The last 3 years we have done multi-day trips with Great Escape and we are both wanting to do something different this time.... maybe up to Northern Islands off Spectre a few days, or spend a few days land-based on Catalina, or make our first trip down to San Diego maybe. Not sure yet. I miss Calif diving though and can't imagine not coming out for a few days of diving. :D

robin:D

The Spectre doesn't normally do multi-days trips. You meant the Peace, right?

It's pretty hard to beat going on the Peace for a multi-days trip. Near gourmet quality grubs from Joe the galley cook, hot tub, Nitrox, booze at the end of the day, the outer Northern Channel Islands...

God, why do I have to move to Idaho? What did I do wrong to deserve this?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom