What happened to the SoCal forum?!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've spoken to several SoCal divers about this forum and the number one reason (not the only reason) was that they were tired of the the some ole' hard core diver responses to their basic gear questions. I don't want to start a bashing here but that's what people tell me.

I think in part it's due to a lot of the SoCal divers moving over to The Dive Matrix

Generally poor local diving conditions surely haven't helped.

In any case, my wife and I got in some nice dives over the past weekend at the Catalina dive park.

Here's some video from two of our dives:

[vimeo]12352787[/vimeo]

I think in part it's due to a lot of the SoCal divers moving over to The Dive Matrix
Maybe but here are their stats right now.
There are currently 62 users online. 9 members and 53 guests.

Very nice video! - maybe we need more people to post their dive videos.
I'll play! Last month at the dive park.

Maybe but here are their stats right now.
There are currently 62 users online. 9 members and 53 guests.

Three of whom are SoCal people I've dived with recently who also tend to post nice reports...

I definitely agree, though, that it's a smaller forum. A large number of the posters, however, are active SoCal divers.

Great vid yourself! I definitely think sharing videos, photos, dive reports, etc is a great way to build an active discussion in the local subforums.

...I definitely think sharing videos, photos, dive reports, etc is a great way to build an active discussion in the local subforums.
You'd get no argument from me.

SoCal has thousands of divers, many that dive our waters frequently. Most of them are like me, just out for a good time and are not interested in changing their diving style.

One of the groups that dives all the time and are simply a blast to dive with are the Scuba Diver Girls - they just love diving.
See:

The Spectre doesn't normally do multi-days trips. You meant the Peace, right?
It's pretty hard to beat going on the Peace for a multi-days trip. Near gourmet quality grubs from Joe the galley cook, hot tub, Nitrox, booze at the end of the day, the outer Northern Channel Islands...

God, why do I have to move to Idaho? What did I do wrong to deserve this?

Yes, I know that the Spectre only does "day" trips, but I was talking about my doing multiple day trips with them. Sorry for the confusion. I have done day trips on Peace also in past, like them both for different reasons.

Teamcasa - what happened to the SB group diving trips this year? No go?

robin:D

Teamcasa - what happened to the SB group diving trips this year? No go?
We had two planed but mother nature killed both attempts.

We really need to plan another real soon. I do hope you let us know when you are planing a vist so we can meet and shoot some video together.:D

Some of them are more into other hobbies, with diving now further down the list...but, my diving season starts now, hopefully I can get out this weekend.

Edit: Lmao sorry - I over read his post. Spammer

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom